Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 17

Well it is day 17 now kiddos.

It's been an interesting journey so far. I started out all gung-ho: Exercise every day, get on top of my apartment chores, be clean and happy, lose some weight, buy new clothes yada yada yada I had all of these plans in my head.

I secretly hoped I would lose 15 lbs in a month (laughable)
I secretly hoped that I would be able to fit into my new jeans I bought that are waaay too small.


But I am secretly pleased that I've even lost any weight, that I've stayed under 1400 calories for most of my days (minus the family get together) and I noticed I definitely can't eat as much as I used to. Though I'm sure if I tried I could get back to where I was before *grumble*

I am having a harder time today than usual because my pantry/freezer is getting rather skint and its hard to find something to eat that isn't ramen. Unfortunately I'm broke as a joke, and I have 2 more days until hubby gets paid before I can go grocery shopping. The good news is though, being poor is definitely the best diet plan :) can't eat what you don't have!


My tummy is a grumblin' luckily I have a few chicken breasts left. I have already started day dreaming about what I will buy at the store this week hehe! The weather was cooler last week and I had thought about making chili but now it's gotten hotter, and next week is looking much of the same so far. I guess chili will have to hold off.

I've also been craving spinach. I blame Alexia at My Wicked Wicked Ways She's been tweeting about eating spinach lately and it's got me drooling. I will have to pick up a bag on Friday when I am able to go grocery shopping. I'm having day dreams of spinach salads, chicken and spinach alfredo over whole grain pasta, lunch meat sandwiches with spinach.... spinach and artichoke dip with toasted pita chips...

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    Yes, Alexia has been torturing me with mangos, cantelope and spinach. I've been adding them to my spinach for the longest.

    I try to view the end of the month / few options in the fridge and can't wait til pay-day as a challenge. It's so easy to eat all the carby stuff. This is why I keep frozen vegetables in the freezer. I tend to reach for those when most things are gone.

    Can I just say I think it's pretty awesome that you're able to stay within 1400 calories. I find it so challenging to stay within that number. What is your secret?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!