Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 24-My Fitness Pal

Welp, I found a new website/iPhone app to use to log my calories and exercise. It's MyFitnessPal.com I am pretty excited about this one. Previously I was using Lose It! and while that one worked well enough, the database just wasn't what I was looking for. It was hard to edit things. This one is great! It has homemade foods, fast food, restaurants, store bought foods, and you can easily just slap in some calories if you are in a big hurry. Say you made your lunch and you measured it out, portioned it, and you know it was 250 calories but you don't have the time to manually add the meal in (because you spent most of your lunch counting portions haha) then you can just put under the "Lunch" category that you ate 250 calories. Still being responsible!

It also remembers what you eat the most of, so if you are a creature of habit and have your cereal for breakfast every morning-bam!- ten seconds to log your meal! Best of all, its online as well as an app, and both are 100% FREE!!

There are also neat little tools like the weight loss ticker (see my new one up top?) Basal Metabolic Rate calculators, BMI calculators and a few other things as well as a forum for support or making new friends. Also a great way to find more bloggy friends if you don't have enough on your blog roll (like me!)

Based on my height and weight it told me that I should be eating 1500 calories a day, which is 100 more than I was- yippee! lol I can have an extra snack!

You can also set up exercise goals- I want to work out 3x a week, 30 minutes each, for instance, is the default. It also tells you how many calories you should burn during that week, which for me, is 760 calories.

Last night I made super yummy enchiladas for dinner, surprisingly hubby wanted them again, he said mine were the best! ;) I made him chicken and I made mine beef, I had some left over shredded beef I needed to use up and he didn't want any, so his loss, right? It worked out though, as I made 3 chicken breasts for his enchiladas and there was barely enough to cover his dinner and lunch today! (He really liked them haha) I had 3 enchiladas between yesterday and today, at 400 calories each! Yikes. But hey, I eat what I love. I know its like an opportunity cost- My calories are a scarcity- I have a finite number of them. If I eat full calorie cheese and flour tortillas, I will have less calories for other meals throughout the day, but I get full flavor. If I eat low carb or low fat foods, I can eat more of them, but it tastes worse. Hmm. I can always do a combination of both, too. As long as I stay under 1500 calories.

I also drank a lot of water yesterday- over half a gallon! I told my mom this and she misread what I typed and thought I drank a whole gallon, which I wouldn't be able to do anyway, and she told me to be careful. Aww, bless. I found if I have a straw for my water bottle, I suck it down quicker. It also has to be REALLY cold. I am sooo picky about my drinks. If its a cold drink, it has to be ice-cold (minus actual ice) and if its a hot drink, it has to be boiling lava hot, or I won't drink it.

I'm such a weirdo sometimes.

I have a pedometer that I have been using and I have to say, my numbers are shockingly low, even though I work from home, I still thought I would move more than I do! Here's how it looks so far:

Saturday- 4450 steps (this was the day I went to the car auction/swap meet)
Sunday- 1718 steps (I went grocery shopping this day)
Monday- 686 steps
Tuesday- 300 steps (!!!)
Wednesday- 125 (So far, after all, the day's not over!)

No wonder my legs, knees, ankles, and hips were protesting on Saturday. Even if I took my second highest day, Sunday, I was doing quadruple what I normally do! Eff! With an office job, I would do about 5000 a day. I thought I wasn't getting enough in then, if I could tell that me what this me does a day, that me would feel proud of herself. And maybe then she wouldn't have gained as much being depressed.


Okay bloggy friends I have to get some exercise in today, in some manner. I have a busy afternoon/evening ahead of me. I have to do some work and then I have to get my butt in gear coloring for the comic book I am doing. It's a pain to get started but once I do it everyday I will be flying through the pages in no time. I am pretty sure that they want it done ASAP as it's already been in the works for over a year and a half before it came to my husband and I. And he had to completely re-draw the comic, now I get to color it. Lucky for me, for the most part it comes natural to me. I just have to get to the point where I can knock out a page in a few hours instead of a few days. 35 pages. If I could get to the point where it took only 4 hours to color a whole page, I could do it all in under 5 days. Right now, its like 12 hrs a page. So that will take considerably longer. Also I have no idea how to do backgrounds, so that will require some research. Eep. Stop typing already, get moving Christie!

Ciao xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!