Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Took the Plunge (and the water's cold)

That's right kiddos. I signed up for Weight Watchers Online today. I am going to join the meetings too, once I get paid. I got some bday cash from my lovely mamma and I was going to save it. But then I decided to tell her something I had been thinking on for a while.

It started about a month ago. I was faltering. Wondering how am I going to lose 50+ lbs on my own? How was I going to make the change? Counting calories was tedious and I wasn't seeing the results I wanted. I had been thinking about joining Weight Watchers again. I had gone with my mom before, back when I was relatively in shape and I liked it. I started thinking of how easy it was to track back then.

Then I was chatting online with my gramma and she mentioned she was looking into it. I thought about it some more and I decided that yes, I would join WW eventually.

Today's ep of BL really got me thinking. If these people can lose weight on the ranch, they've got bob and jill to help them. I have no one certified in my life to help me, save a dr and thats just silly. So I thought, well why not? Try it.

I used my bday money to sign up online for 3 months, free registration. I get 30 daily points. I will join the meetings later. I've got so many feelings running through my head right now. I am nervous and awkward feeling. Its strange. I also feel happy, excited, exhilarated that I may have found what works for me.

I can't help but feel pangs of disappointment that I have been on this journey for a year and a half and am only down 7.5 lbs. Fluctuating from 10-20 lbs is not fun.

I am ready to take charge and control. I have been reading all my website stuff, too. I think I can do it. I love how easy it all is. And of course, it has an iPhone app!

My first goal is 5% weight loss which is 11.5 lbs. I can't WAIT to get out of the 220s-30s and finally get on track

Happy Birthday to me! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm on WW too. I think you'll find that it's pretty easy to do. You can eat anything as long as you track. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, from someone who could have been MUCH bigger than my biggest weight, I can tell you that everything you have done to maintain your current weight is worthwhile. Don't ask me WHY it took me getting to 465 to finally go "Houston, we have a serious problem" I think it had a lot to do with being distracted by other things in my life at the time, but I probably passed over the 400 mark back in 2002 when my mom passed away. For the last 9 years I have gained and lost weight always staying between 420 and 465. I may not have been making progress, but...for the most part, I kept it from getting worse. Seriously, if I hadn't been trying something all those years, I could have easily been 6-700 lbs maybe even more.

    So, don't be hard on yourself sweetie. The fact that you keep persevering means you WILL reach your goal eventually. Look at me...I spent over a year and a half doing little more than whining about what it was like to be as fat as I was, but I was still losing weight...very slowly, but it was coming off. Now, with my surgery, I am finally getting my life back. It is happening and it will happen for you too, I can tell.

    Good luck with weight watchers. I loved their point system and the support you get at the meetings. I hope you are able to start those soon, but until then, keep blogging and persevering xx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!