Thursday, September 30, 2010

Weight Watchers- Week 1 Day 1

I joined WW online as part of my birthday gift (thanks mom!) and I have to say, I am completely relieved. It is so nice to feel like I am in control. It's so much easier to count points than calories.

I downloaded the app (naturally) and I have been playing around with the website. Its a lot to take in. The interface is hard to get used to, but the more I mess with it the more sense it makes. I've even started looking up lower-point versions of my favorite meals.

My healthy weight range for my height is 117-146. I can hardly believe I'd ever weigh 146 let alone 117. Goals to think about. Right now I'd like to get to 175- the weight I was when I met and started dating my husband. Then we will see if I can persevere through to 146.

I get 30 points daily and of course the 35 weekly. I've already got a special use in mind for those this week- Saturday I am going to the fair and I want to enjoy a steak gyro at least. And split an elephant ear.

I used all of my points yesterday and I was still hungry, so I drank some more water and it kept it at bay. I've already had 5.5 pts so far today, and am getting rumbly in my tummy again. I tried oatmeal today, and while I love the taste, I am not very good with the texture.

I'm very excited about being on WW the last time I was on it, I had lost 15 lbs and I wasnt even trying. This was years ago, when I was a lot thinner, barely overweight. Wednesdays will be my weigh-in, as my local meeting meets on Wednesday nights, so I figure I might as well be consistant

3 comments:

  1. Hurray! What is your username, we can be buddies. I'm NewGirl24 and hang out on the message boards quite often. I'm usually on the 20's board, but there are a few others that I like. I don't go to meetings, but online has really helped me. Welcome to Weight Watchers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting!! I am happy for you. It is so nice when you find something that you feel so good about :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!