Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Defeated and Lifted Up Again

Ok, I didn't like that last blog post. Too whiny. Not enough cheese. (Get it, wine and cheese? Ah, never mind)
Sorry it was all long and rambly (more than usual) and a bit of a downer.

Suffice it to say, I was feeling down and blue. Then I read Sheryl's post about Binges and Recovering from a Setback and there was one bit in particular that really stood out to me

"Remember that every single choice you are presented with after a not-so-great choice is a chance to move forward, a chance to choose better, a chance to just get back up and start over. You don't need to wait for the next week, the next day, or even the next meal - every choice counts. And every choice is a chance to choose differently and better"

Yep, copy and pasted directly from her post- even the formatting!

It got me thinking. "Why wait until tomorrow to do my best?" It was also 11:45 pm- "tomorrow" was in 15 minutes but thats not the point ;)

So I downloaded the Couch 2 5K app for my iphone (c25k for short) and I started the first day, but I did it on Stella. Now I don't know if it's because I was riding and not running, or maybe I'm faster than I think I am, but the first day I surpassed a 5k (3 miles). I went 5.49 in 31 minutes (including a 5 minute warm up and cool down) and I burned 494 calories.

Let me repeat that: I burned 494 calories. In 31 minutes. And I completed day 1 without stopping. Oh and I went 5.49 miles!! That is a lot to be proud of.

I mean, a lot. After not riding my bike for weeks and weeks, I actually did 31 minutes. And 5.49 miles. And burned 494 calories. Can you tell I am still basking in the afterglow??

I ate extremely well today- only 1356 consumed. I had a deficit of 598. (931 but while typing I had a post-workout snack of 1 serving chicken salad on 5 saltine crackers for 333 calories)
Weee a deficit! And even exercise! What a good day

2 comments:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!