Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Arnold Palmer- or as Kirstie Allie calls it- Teamonade

In an effort to be more frugal, and also to try something new, I made the executive decision of no more soda in the house.

As usual, this got protests from Brian.

"But what will we drink?"
"But what about caffeine?"

The obvious solution was anything but soda- coffee, tea, juice, etc.
If he wanted caffeine, that leaves coffee and tea.

"I hate coffee" So do I.

"I like iced tea, with lemon in it." Ehhhh I'm not big on tea myself.

I asked if he would mind cutting it with lemonade or something equally tasty, until I got used to the taste of tea and then we could slowly phase it out and just drink tea. All tea, all the time!

We got some instant tea mix (made with real sugar and no artificial ingredients and real lemons!) and we got some instant lemonade mix (made with real sugar and no artificial ingredients and real lemons!) and I made a batch. Half lemonade and half tea.

An Arnold Palmer.

Brian's dad is notorious for this drink- he always gets it whenever we go out. I think its funny now that we are doing the same thing.

I am still going to get a bag of frozen raspberries and puree the heck out of them to add a little more flavor and fruit to my drink.

If you follow Kirstie Allie (which I recommend you should- she's a total nutcase) on Twitter, she just posted tonight about how we should call this "teamonade" instead of an Arnold Palmer.


Also, weigh in day is coming up. I am doing so horribly bad with my points. I can't seem to eat consistently. I will have to figure this out. I had 2 servings of tuna noodle casserole today. For 10 pts. And thats been it.
I also wasn't feeling too well yesterday and earlier today, so maybe thats why.

1 comment:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!