Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Non-Scale Victories! (major)

Well well well. About time for a non scale victory that falls into the "major" category. The first tangible piece of evidence that I am losing weight (aside from the scale numbers)

I had on my size 18 jeans yesterday. I noticed that they are a bit baggy, particularly around the bum area. They don't really stay up well on my hips anymore, either. I was joking to hubby, soon they will be falling off of me!

then it occurred to me....

Maybe they could fall off of me now! I gave them a tug, and whooop! down to my knees they went, buttoned and all. I ran into the other room where Brian was and said "Look what I can do!" And tugged them off again.

We laughed we hugged we jumped up and down (with my pants around my ankles, no less) and we both remarked about how wonderful I was (even with pants around my ankles)

Those pants are officially too big. Victory 1

But, I don't have a lot of jeans in the 16 range because well I skipped over that size entirely when I got fat I went from a size 14 to a size 20 almost immediately. (gaining 60 lbs in a year will do that to you)

I did but a pair of size 16s not too long ago though. Goal pants. I decided to try them on and not be upset if they didn't fit, because, after all, they might not. Clothes suck, all the varying sizes.

Anyway, I tried them on, up the calves, up the thighs- no resistance- around my large, ample bottom (still no resistance) buttoned and zipped! I could still breathe even! I could touch my toes! I could cross my legs! My stomach is still a little too big and hangs over, so I won't be wearing them until I get rid of that. Probably another 10 lbs or so.

Tomorrow is weigh in day! Are you excited?! I'm excited! I'm doing my measurements and pictures, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. yay im so happy for you . way to go christie im proud of u, we all knew you would do it weeee :>) gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Good for you! such a nice feeling.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!