Friday, October 8, 2010

Consuming my thoughts

Since I have been on plan, its hard to ignore that feeling. You know which one I'm talking about. The one in your head that says "Can we eat now? Can we eat now? How about now?" in the tone of a little kid repeatedly saying "Are we there yet?"

I feel like the frazzled mother who eventually yells no and tells her kid to play the quiet game.


I know that, eventually, if I just stick to the plan and only eat my 29 points a day and occasionally dip into my weekly, these gnawing thoughts and psuedo-feelings of hunger will subside. My body likes to think its hungry, but I know that it is because I was easily eating twice as much as I am now and it will take time for my body to adjust. I am not very hopeful that it will be tomorrow these pains go away, but it will soon.

My husband and I were planning a day trip to Six Flags but we changed our minds when we figured out how much it would really cost us. And if you can remember, we are trying to save money and get out of debt. Also I can think of a thousand other ways I would want to spend that money, and get more out of it than a day trip. Like new clothes. Or replacing the carpet in my apartment. You know, practical things.
But, despite the allure of new carpet and clothing, we are going to save it. Like good little munchkins should.

Saving money is kind of like losing weight, I think. First off, they are definitely linked. If I worry about finances, I eat. If I don't have any money then I can't eat and then I eat a lot when we have money. So its definitely a struggle for me. But also its like weight loss because, in the beginning, it doesnt seem like its worth it. You exercise self control and put a little bit away at a time. You get frustrated that it's taking so long. You dream of the day when you can afford whatever it is you have been saving for. Some days it seems impossible; you will never save that much. Other days it seems easy "Why haven't I been doing this all along?"

Money and hunger have been on my mind a lot lately, probably because well.. I'm hungry and broke. But this month is so different. Not only am I blessed to have an extra paycheck this month that I can tuck away, I also started Weight Watchers. And I feel its finally my time.

In slightly less exciting news: I almost got one of my slippers done! It is officially too big for my foot now so I will be starting on the other one soon, then I get to stitch them together yay! I also noticed a lot of my favorite yarns are on sale so this might be a good time to stock up for Christmas gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!