Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sidelined

Well kids just call me "bench warmer" for a few days, because I am officially sidelined! I must have twisted my knee yesterday at Zumba because today, I can hardly walk and I can barely bear weight on my right leg, as my knee refuses to do so. It hurts if its fully straightened. I don't think I tore anything or even sprained it, as I never heard a definite 'crack' like they said it does. But my knee has popped into place a few times, no more than usual.

Still, better safe than sorry, and this girl is sorry. Not that I tried Zumba or gave it 110% but that I was so afraid. I was so afraid of hurting my ankle that I put a lot of pressure on my right leg and now my knee has suffered for it. I was so afraid to hurt myself that I hurt myself lol :(

But its a good lesson, let me get a bit philosophical here for a moment. I was afraid to do something outside my comfort zone, afraid to change, and all I ended up doing was hurting myself. Sounds a lot like weight loss, right? I was afraid to put my ankle to the test as I didn't want to hurt it, so I made my good leg take the brunt of the force from jumping around and shakin' my ass. And now, my good leg is the bad leg and my bad leg has to do it all anyway. See how silly that is?

That being said, I'm not going to Zumba tomorrow. I can barely navigate to the bathroom, I don't need to be poppin' and lockin' as well. I'm icing, excedrin' and elevatin' instead.

On a side note, thanks to everyone who congratulated me on my loss- YAY! I knew I could do it. I feel so much more in control than I have for a while now (and it really was portions slowing me down- gotta get it all under control!)

I'm in the process of making dinner tonight, got all of the hard work out of the way over the last few hours so I can just slap it in the oven when hubsy gets home. We're having honey-mustard glazed chicken, with homemade-stuffing, corn, and homemade biscuits. I am making a big meal because he had to fast all day yesterday and I get the feeling he is quite ravenous. He was grouchy last night and even said "No wonder you hate dieting- you're hungry, you're bitchy, and everything just pisses you off!"

True, true. Touche' my good man. But I have to say that I havent felt that way on WW. Sure I've been hungry, I mean, I've gone from eating at least twice as much (if not more) to what I eat now. Its hard to adjust. Over all though, I haven't been angry, or pissy, or bitchy. I've been relatively happy. Even when I'm driving. I am a much happier person.

I have a $25 gift card to Kohls and I found the cutest dress (in my size even) with a cardigan I can wear over it. Slap on a pair of tights and my boots, and its a fall/winter outfit baby! YAY!

Biggest loser is a lot more intense this season, isn't it? Everyone's angry, bitchy, whiny, mean. Its not as much fun. I miss Ashley and Daris and Michael. Season 11 sucks. I also dont like that red-shirt girl, whatever her name is... Jessica? UGH I keep hoping they will vote her off. VOTE HER OFF!! Its like that other red shirt lady, the one who made her husband eat all the cupcakes. Vindictive, evil women.

2 comments:

  1. Regarding BL, I haven't watched this weeks episode yet, probably will tonight, but I like Jessica alot more than that other woman, I can't remember her name, the stay at home mom who's mormon. Man, now it's bugging me. Anyways, they definitely picked a more depressing crew this year. Hopefully they'll all perk up. :)

    Great job on the weigh-in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on your weight loss!!! That is awesome :) Your dinner sounds divine to my carb cravin' self lol! Sorry to hear about your injury, but at least you tried. I'm nervous about trying zumba myself. i have NO coordination lol!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!