Thursday, November 4, 2010

How I Spent $50 on a $35 oil change

Or as I like to call it, poor planning!

I took hubby's car to go get an oil change. I was so busy getting ready that I forgot to eat before I left. I took it to Wal-Mart and they have a Subway inside. I had looked up Subway on my WW app and was debating whether or not I will eat there. I decided, no, I'd eat first. Except I didn't. Dammit.

Then I left my phone in the car. Which sucked. It meant that I couldn't text or call anyone. It also meant that I couldn't compare prices because I didn't have a calculator. It also meant that I was royally  effed and had to eat Subway anyway, and decide how many points that was.

I spent nearly $8 at subway. Apparently its not a meal if you just get a sandwich and apple slices. Bastards. I got a 6" turkey on 9-grain wheat with provolone and-- what else?-- spinach! and green pepper and mustard as well. I have to say that is the most satisfying sandwich I've had in a long time. I think it was because I was so darn hungry. I also got a bottle of water instead of diet coke. I am pretty proud of me. I also wandered around the store, naturally. I went up and down the produce section like 10 times looking at all the different fruits and veggies. I seriously considered getting some pomegranates but they are hard to eat while you are waiting on your car. I was going to get an apple... but they werent cold. I was going to just get a deli sandwich and save myself $3.50 but they didn't have any nutritional information on them. They had the list of ingredients but not how many calories and shit is in it.

No way.

After my $8 meal I went and looked at the books and magazines. I planned on getting a new book but I couldn't find any that I wanted. Its all teen angsty. I am so glad Im not a teenager anymore lol

I got a SELF magazine for $4.

I sat down to read it in the designated waiting area, but it turns out my car was already done. I didn't hear them call my name because Subway is loud....


I started looking at all of the fat people clothes. I am still fat, I know this. I also know that they have some really cute clothes too. And I was tempted to spend money. But Christmas is coming and I will be thinner by then anyway.


I kept wanting to reach for my phone to call someone or to open the calculator or to browse Weight Watchers or do something. Anything. Anything other than eat and spend money. But I failed.

Oh well. Next time I will remember to eat before I go.

I pretracked all of my meals yesterday and it went really well. Today I am making Zero Point soup and I got some sugar free jello which is 0 points per serving. I think that will help me stay full and not go crazy on my points.

I think I am going to go work out now. Or go back to bed. I haven't decided. I am usually not up this early. This early being 3 lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!