Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Christie's Awesome-Sauce Spaghetti

Sometimes I crack myself up. "Awesome sauce" is internet lingo for "really cool" fyi. But in this case, it's quite literal. It was AWESOME sauce.

And I made it! From scratch!

Before I get into how awesome I am, I have a confession. I am a terrible housewife. So much so, that my husband has all but given up on the idea of a clean house. Hey at least he gets a hot meal every night when he comes home for dinner... Gotta take what you can get.

Not to mention my kitchen is incredibly tiny. Like.... closet sized. Linen closet. The walk in closet in the master bedroom is actually bigger than my kitchen. I really wish I was joking.

I told hubby Sunday night that I was going to clean the kitchen "all day, even if it kills me" because I was so sick of having a dirty kitchen.

He texted me at 8 pm yesterday and the conversation went like this:

Him: Did you get the kitchen clean like you wanted?
Me: I'm working on it. There's a lot of dishes. *as I surf the web*
Me: I'm totally lying I havent even started yet.
Me: I'll get to it now.
Him:: Oh okay.

And that led me to take these pics. Not only to prove to you how horrible I am in cleaning but also how very tiny my kitchen is. Which makes it impossible to keep clean.

See? Filthy.

But an hour later, I got half of it done. I used vinegar and baking soda paste and lots of elbow grease to get the stubborn baked on stains off the stove top. I put all my spices/baking goods away and I tackled a good chunk of the dishes. I hand washed the linoleum. As in, on my hands and knees washed it with a washcloth and a vinegar/water solution. I don't own a mop. This is my entire kitchen. See how tiny it is?? It's still not 100% clean its like 80% with probably two more loads of dishes to go.  Let's get back to awesome sauce now.

Here's my ingredients

V8, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic, onion, oregano, black pepper.

96/4 lean ground sirloin. Frozen, naturally. 

Brown that baby up! Also, add frozen, diced onion

The sauce is 2 C juice and 1T of all the spices.

It was a little runny. Secret thickening agent? Instant mashed potatoes. Seriously.

Sprinkle

Mix

Perfect! No one will ever know... wait... I just told. D'oh!

Needed more O- oregano!

Whole grain! I love whole grain! Pay no attention to my mess I just made :(

Secret ingredient #2: For flavor, add in ice-cubed chicken broth. 1 works.
My mom swears by butter. I swear by broth. So help me Broth!!

Yay! Thats all there is to it. You would think I worked hard at this meal. But no. I'm lazy. It was really easy to do.

Someone appreciates all my hard work. And thats what counts <3
We gobbled it up. There was enough for him to take to work and for me to have early this morning at 4 am when I got hungry hehe :) It must be all that coffee that I am drinking.

Gamma- come clean my kitchen and I'll feed you. We can do Dance Central as well :) lol I'm kidding. Mostly. I can make cheeseburgers


Tonight for dinner? Chicken rollups stuffed with light cream-cheese and spinach with macaroni and cheese. Excitement.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh thats what mine looks like and i dont even cook lol love u gramma :>)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!