Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 7 Weigh In

Is it week 7? Holy crap. 7 weeks.

Well I have some ... interesting... news. I actually gained.

I gained 2.2 lbs. Last week, I had lost 2.4. So over the last 2 weeks, I lost .2 lbs

Yeah, not thrilled about it, but I promised that I wouldn't be "that" girl. I will not complain about gains, minor losses, or no losses.

It's part of life. Ups and downs.

Am I allowed to theorize on my weight gain? Sure. Will I? Mmm no. You know why? Because the simple fact is, I ate the wrong foods. I ate things I hadn't had in a while and it messed with me. I'm not going to lie or sugar coat it.

I am not bitterly disappointed. I step on the scale every day and it has gone down from what it was. I am not going to freak out. I am sad though, don't get me wrong. I am just not going to dwell on it. "The past is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

A lot of exciting things happened this week

I got a new job
I got faster internet (for said job, but still, in my off hours I will be enjoying it)
I got to mail out some packages, fax some paperwork several thousand times, and fiddle around with file types
I made homemade dishwasher detergent (come on, that's exciting!)
I scrubbed my floor on my hands and knees (less exciting, but still an experience)
I earned 7 activity points last week for dancing. I wish I had danced more, but I was really busy during the day and Brian and I play Borderlands when he gets home.
I had my coffee maker literally explode on Brian, burning his thumb (Thank goodness it was only his thumb)
I bought a new coffee maker
I drink a "shot" of Pomegranate juice with my tea now. - I love this stuff!

Clearly I was a very busy woman.

Brian has been busy too. People are commissioning him for artwork left and right! Obligatory whore-out message: If you would like any artwork, you may do so by contacting him here or feel free to contact me. I will even give you a special discount!*

*Note: Brian can do all sorts of artwork styles- from comic book to realism and everything in between. If you need a logo design, new template, header, or if you just want some awesome artwork for your kids, give us a shout. We will be glad to help you out. Tell him his wife sent you :)


So back to my regularly scheduled blog.

Coffee is my new crack. Considering it has lots of caffeine, I am addicted. I put 1 Tbl of real sugar (1 pt) and 1 Tbl of fat free creamer (0 pts) into my coffee. I have decided that I am only allowed 1 cup per day. Given the choice, I would gladly drink all of my points away and probably die from a heart attack. It sounds thrilling!!

I have also noticed that I have not gone poo since Friday. Friday was the day I ate all the fast food and take out. (I had a grilled chicken sandwich from Dairy Queen for 9 points, a chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell for 12 points, and 4 small slices of cheese pizza for 15 points, as well as 4 breadsticks for 12 points) I am also drinking a lot of caffeinated beverages (coffee, tea) and not enough water. I will be chasing all my drinks with water for this week, and see if that will correct the problem.

I used to be so bitterly disappointed whenever I gained weight. I would think "not again, failure!" and be so discouraged it was hard to continue to do my best. I am not going to fall into that pit trap again. So what, I gained 2.2 lbs.

 I have learned that:

I cannot eat fast food. Once I start eating it, it is all I crave.
I absolutely must must must measure everything
I absolutely must pretrack. If I don't, then I don't have a "holy shitballs, why am I eating this?" moment
I must not eat half of my points for the day once it hits midnight!

My schedule is to blame for that last one. I wake up at noon. Then I visit with my husband before he leaves for work at 12:45. Then I go back to bed til 2 or later (sometimes 4) Then I get up and work a bit. Then I start getting dinner around at 8 so it will be ready by 9:30 when he comes home. We then play games together until 3 am, and I work some more. We go to bed about 5 am.

I will eat nothing from 12-9:30 until we have dinner. Then I will eat from 9:30 to 5 am. Clearly I need to work on this "small meals, several times a day" concept and learn to eat like a normal person, even if I don't have a normal schedule. Yesterday all I had during the day was a cup of coffee (1 point) and a large honey crisp apple (2 points) until dinner, which was turkey-bacon wrapped stuffed chicken roll-ups (6 points) with mac and cheese (11 pts for 2 servings) At 3 am when I was hungry, I had left over spaghetti (6 pts) and a slice of whole wheat toast (1 point) Then I was hungry again at 5 am so I had an ounce and a half of cheese (4.5 points)

I'm going to have to get in the habit of making a breakfast, making a snack, making a lunch, making a snack, and then having dinner. And maybe a snack.

Maybe I will make some muffins for breakfast. I just bought raspberries. I think raspberry-lemon muffins would be fantastic! That would certainly do for snacks breakfast.
Ooh, maybe scrambled egg whites, turkey bacon, and a muffin. Depends on how many points the muffin is.
I just figured it out. If I can have two 2-pt snacks between meals, I can have three 8-pt meals. Which really would be awesome. Okay I can feel the coffee kicking in now. I'm starting to ramble. Also my laptop battery is low and the cord is in the other room.

The plan for the week is this:

-Pre-track everything.
-Dance central, at least 10 minutes a day (thats 1 activity point) ideally, 30.
-1 C of coffee per day. (this will be the saddest part of my day)
-Chase drinks and meals with water. Just call me Aqua-Lass!
-Eat 3 meals, 2 snacks like a regular human being. Instead of my weirdo insomniac thing.

The holidays are coming up. The day before Thanksgiving is my next weigh in. Lets see if I can't lose some more weight. I bet I can.

I am going to google the crap out of lemon-raspberry muffins and see if I can't find a good recipe to make them 3 points each

3 comments:

  1. not a big deal. you've identified what you need to do. so go do it! : ) also, big congrats on your job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo, I'm thinking that not going poo since Friday could totally be the whole problem anyway. Right?

    I'm so so glad that you have had so many great things happening. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that over time (for me), the losses average out to a pound a week (give or take .2).

    For the poop problem, I highly recommend making sure that you are following the 9 Good Health Guidelines that WW promotes, especially 2 teaspoons of healthy oil and 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily. That has been what helped me to get (and stay) regular.

    Great job on all of your accomplisments this week!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!