Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Goals for the Week

Its post 496- That means the VLOG Spectacular will happen this weekend! I can't wait!

Lets post up some goals for the week- after all, goals that aren't written down are just wishes!

1.) We all know that I have issues with fruit. I'm not a fan. Particularly because of texture. But I posted this to my facebook/twitter friends "Now that fruit is 0 points on Weight Watchers, give me some to try!"

I got great responses from people, everything from pineapple to Clementines, to kiwi berries!

2.) Try out Zumba for the Kinect. I am going to rent it and see how I like it before I buy. With my knee being uncooperative though, I am going to have to take it easy.

3.) Try a new recipe. This can include my fruit of the week, but it can also be something different. The rule though: It must be something I have never made/had before.

This week is all about pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

What are some of your goals for the week? Is it something attainable or something a little too lofty?

I think the key to success is to push yourself a little bit each day/week/month to make yourself better. Whether its for weight loss or not, its hard to change if you remain the same.

I have some other goals I want to do as well but can't yet tackle them. They aren't really goals yet-- just wishes as I haven't written them down. I want to think about it a little more.

It is almost officially Wednesday- no weigh in tonight though, that's for tomorrow. Though we all know I lost right? Its a big loss again this week too. Very exciting. I am very happy and proud of myself. So much more than I ever thought I would be. I have to constantly reframe my thinking though. I catch myself saying "I've only lost 15 pounds since October" but I have to rephrase it! I dont mean to demean my weight loss. I guess its because I havent lost enough to be in Onederland that I feel that way. But, honestly, no matter who you are or what size you are 15 lbs is a nice chunk of change so far. I also think about the big picture- That I have lost 23 lbs so far since I got married.

And that, that makes it seem so much more... real.

I am constantly in awe of me.

2 comments:

  1. You should be in awe of yourself. You're making significant changes and you're moving closer to your goal. I'm smiling as I type this... so glad WW is working for you. I'll be starting back up in January when my job provides it at work. I'll only have to pay 1/2 price. Can't beat the convenience or the price.

    Anyways, very proud of you and looking forward to your vlog. As for fruit, you know I discovered jicama over the summer. It has the texture of a potatoe. I usually slice the jicama in thin strips, dice watermellon, cucumber, pineapple, and sprinkle lemon juice and tanin for a little spice.

    You can find Tanin in the grocery store in the ethnic food section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mangos, baby. Mangos are my "soul fruit." As soon as I tasted it I knew I found something special.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!