Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's a White Christmas Experiment

Note: I apologise, but I am having serious tech issues with the vlog, I am working on it. Its just more time consuming than I thought it was going to be. Hope to get it up before weigh in tomorrow. It's super awesome, so please don't think I am blowing it off. 


I have been digging through Rachel Wilkerson's blog archive lately and found this gem of a blog post: The Oral Exam

Basically, she started a series called Beauty Booty where you could see what beauty products she uses and what does/doesn't work, etc. If you are a twenty-something you will definitely love her blog. Her no nonsense attitude and just how she writes is hilarious. I love her blog to bits.

Anyway, this blog is all about white teeth. She recommends using Crest Whitening Strips and Listerine Whitening Mouthwash (a pre-brush rinse). She says that you should definitely whiten your teeth because its something you can do *now* to feel good about yourself while you are working on other things (losing weight/waiting for your results to show) And I was in need of some major instant gratification.

I ran out to the store and bought the 10-day pack of white strips ($24...next time I am using a coupon) and the smallest bottle of whitening wash ($5)

I did the rinse, and looked at my teeth. Now my teeth aren't bad by any means, in fact, I am constantly complimented on how straight they are and how much enamel I have. I was lucky enough to get some awesome recessive gene, I guess, because neither of my parents have super thick enamel on their teeth.

But I wanted white teeth. So I decided to do the 10 Days of Whitening count down to a White Christmas. I didn't even realize that there are 10 short days until Christmas, so this was perfect.

My goal is to take a picture of my teeth every day after I do the rinse 2x and the strips once daily. At the end of 10 days I will make a slideshow out of it. Pretty cool, huh? That way you can see how white my teeth get in only 10 days for $30. I am pretty sure the mouth wash will last me longer than 10 days.

Once I do that, maintenance will be easy: I will do the strips once every 3 months, and continue with the whitening rinse daily. I think because I drink so much coffee now, I will have to remain vigilant.

I can already tell my teeth are gleaming. I wonder if they can actually get any whiter? I'll know in 10 days!

The Listerine is pretty cool. Both literally, and figuratively! You start off with 1/2 oz of liquid and as you swish it around for a minute (intense) it becomes foam. And then when you spit, you spit foam. Now the first time I did it, I accidentally measured out a whole ounce and my mouth couldn't handle all the foam, I looked like a rabid dog. I was much more careful the second time.

Also: I peeked at the scale- 213.4!! Which is the lowest number I've seen in the last 2 years. I hope to lose a total of 5 lbs by Christmas so I better get back to working out.

1 comment:

  1. LLOL at the rabid dog point...so true. Anyway, I'm so excited you got inspired to perk up with a little trip to the dental aisle and I can't wait to see the pics of your teeth getting whiter and and whiter!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!