Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Weigh In and Other News

It's Weigh In Day

I am up 1.6 lbs. In two weeks, I have gained 3.8 lbs! Wait....that's not good. But like I said, I don't bitch about it because it is entirely in my control. I could track better, eat better, and move more. And if I do all that and still don't see a loss, then I toss the scale out the window and then do it anyway.

Other news:

*My chiro appointments have gone down from 3 days a week to once a week! YAY! My back is doing great and rarely cracks anymore (both in the office and when I am stretching). I found out that my orthotics will be in this week.

*Speaking of orthotics, they were designed to give me an arch in my right foot as well adjust my knee and help keep it in place. I found out my knee is out of place because the muscles that hold it there are weak. They are weak because I don't have an arch. Once they force an arch out of my right foot, my knee will be fine. This is my right foot. My left foot has an arch in it (forced again, from surgery). Don't worry, Mom!

*I had a fantastically healthy breakfast! I had one cup of fat free vanilla yogurt with a 2-pack of those Kashi granola bars I mentioned. I crushed one and mixed it in with my yogurt- delicious! The other I ate on the way to the chiro. When I got home, I had an apple! Skin and all! My breakfast was 8 points. Which is perfect! I figured if I could eat a little more in the morning, I might be disinclined to eat more later.

*Because of the decreased frequency in my chiro appointments, this means that I will be able to get my new glasses and contacts soon! YAY! It will be so nice to see again. If you are lucky enough that you don't have glasses to wear every minute of every day, you probably don't realize that over time your eyes get "used" to the glasses and therefore you can't see as well. It's a major bummer. I think I am going to pick out some cute frames too. I deserve it! I've had the same pair of frames for nearly 5 years.

I do have to admit this one thing: I switched to sugar substitute. I am not able to control myself around sugar, I think. So the fake stuff will have to work for a while until I am mentally ready to make the transition. I am not wanting to give it up entirely yet. So yeah. I am probably going to switch to fake butter too. I know "real" butter and "real" sugar are better for you, but I don't want to spend the points on them.

Sorry I'm not sorry. Someday I will be able to do that, but not now.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're not beating yourself up about the weight gain. Like your attitude of just "getting on with it." Bravo!

    That's great about having less chiro visits and freeing up the money for the glasses. I don't know what I'd do without my glasses.

    I've tried to do the substitute sweetners, it's just too nasty so I've had my coffee with just cream... oh, it took the pleasure out of my little ritual. That's great that you're able to substitute.

    Love your last line SORRY I'M NOT SORRY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some remarks from a friend for using fake sugar last week and how it is bad for you and so on. So I told her that being 80+ pounds over weight was not good for you either. She shut right up!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!