Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Love and Comfort

Well like I mentioned earlier, this year is dubbed "Year of The Christie" And I am doing things that I need to do for me, so I can feel great about myself. In addition to weight loss, there are other goals I wanted to do.

I wanted to change up my hair. I did. I cut it all off. Am I happy with it? ....Not really. It's a little too short for my tastes, but everyone else likes it. As my husband said "Every day you will love it a little more, because every day its a little bit longer." So true! He can really have a great inspirational moment, now and again. One of the many reasons I love him

I wanted to get new glasses. I figure since I don't take the time to put in my contacts every day, and I wear my glasses all the time *anyway* I should at least have a pair that I can feel confident in. I don't like my current frames (I've had them 5 years) and I never feel like me in them. I feel pretty lame. I made an appointment for Friday, after I called up Wal-Mart and asked about prices. A complete pair, including the exam, lenses, and frames at most will run me $275. I went in today and looked at frames and found a couple of cute pairs that I really liked- and shock!- they were *not* the most expensive pairs on the shelf! What! That never happens! :)

I wanted a dog. I got him. Max and I are almost inseparable. I love teaching him new tricks (It helps a lot that he is really smart and eager to learn) as well as spoiling him.

I wanted to set a foundation this year. I wanted to be comfortable with what I am *now* that way, losing weight will be easier. I want to lose weight for superficial reasons, yes (bikini, anyone?) but I also want to lose weight because I remember being thin and how much fun it was. How much confidence I had. I miss being confident. Sure I can put on a good show, but I am really uneasy with myself.

I know I can be a little narcissistic, but really, it's not the same as confidence. I want to love myself a little more than I do now. I don't like looking in the mirror and seeing a sad face. I don't like the oppressing thoughts that rain down on me. Since I've cut my hair and got my dog, I have definitely been a lot happier.

It's hard to change if you are never willing to try new things.


Which brings me to the next part: comfort. I don't want to be comfortable with my weight anymore. Does that make sense? I feel like I have stalled out because I am comfortable I lost a little weight. I want to be back on the aggressive attack. I want this weight OFF! I am not giving up by any means. I just don't want to be in this lull I have been in. I mean, I haven't been tracking nearly as much as I should (Even though I tracked a lot this week, it still needs to be EVERY DAY) and I need to be more aggressive in my work outs. Yes my knee hurts. But so does my back. My legs. My ass hurts from sitting on it too much. I am not going to use that as an excuse. I'm not going to go run a marathon tomorrow or anything. I'm not stupid. Mostly I am justifying it.
Tonight? A 30 minute biking session. I want to step out of my comfort zone more. Even if it is just for a moment or two. Taking new fitness classes, trying new things. It's all a part of getting fit and expanding my horizons. I'm practically a cave troll, so there is lots of room for improvement.

And now I will leave you all with something completely irrelevant! I upgraded our phones! We had iPhone 3G's and now we have the iPhone 3GS's. The main reason for the upgrade? They were on sale and I am going to sell our 3G's on eBay. It was $50 for each phone and we were supposed to pay a $18 fee each, but I was flirting talking to the guy and he was nice enough not  forgot to charge me! Whoops!! So we only paid $100 for the phones (which I can easily double when I sell the old ones!) It also turns out that his brother in law is looking for a full time graphic designer for his business. He makes mead/ale and wine, and just opened a store front. Needs someone to design the website, labels, signs, etc. So I, of course, passed on Brian's information.
I'm such a good wife. I whore out my husband! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about the whole comfort issue! The second I lose ten pounds I quit, since i feel better, and then it comes right back. No more comfort! That is until I reach my goal. I just gotta remember its a lifelong process.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!