Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 1: Orthotics

Well, in case you were wondering, they work.

My leg is so sore, from my heel all the way through my knee. My knee actually hurts so bad, I can't bend my leg. I've spent the day sleeping away the pain until my bladder dictated it was time to get up. That was an interesting experience, to say the least.

I found some socks and put on my shoes: I wasn't getting dressed, it's too painful to do anything today. I decided to make each step count, however, because there are so few today.

I had every intention of hitting the gym today to walk on the treadmill and see how long it takes me to walk 4 miles. So far it's taken me over 6 days! haha

Instead, I am going to sit on my butt and play games all day. Occasionally getting up to use the restroom or get a drink. Not so different from every day, come to think of it!

On order today: Heating pad and knee exercises. I was told I can use my big exercise ball to help stimulate my leg muscles, by placing it between my legs and squeezing as hard as I can. It will be fun. And by fun I mean not fun at all.

1 comment:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!