Friday, January 28, 2011

Of Blog Designs and Quilts

Today is a special day. I am getting my eyes checked and my new glasses! Hurray! I woke up much earlier than I planned. My eye appointment is 11:10 AM and I planned on waking up at 10, getting ready and then running to the bank where I could withdraw money from our HSA. The debit card we have is only in Brian's name, so I can't use it at the store. But I can use it at the ATM, since I know his pin. (What? We are married, there are no secrets!)

Turns out, however, because Brian had to leave for work at 7:00 am this morning, he forgot to give me the debit card. And I forgot to remind him last night. So poo- I can't even go to the bank. Had I known this, I would have just stayed in bed.

It didn't really matter what time my alarm was set, anyway, since I woke up at 8 and was unable to fall back asleep. I lay in bed muttering to myself and finally got up at 8:30. Got dressed, took the dog out, came in, did "Internet things" - checking mail, bank accounts, etc, and it turns out we got our State Refund today! Hurray! That makes up for the debit card debacle.

I started getting ready at 9 am, thinking it would take me a while to do my hair. I forgot I lopped it all off! So hair and make up only took 15 minutes. It took that long because I am virtually blind and I held the hand mirror as close to my face as possible while trying to put on eye makeup :)

At 1 pm (ish) I am meeting my great-aunt for lunch. She made me a quilt! She made my mom one a while ago and now she has finished mine! I am so happy!! I was talking to her on the phone and she mentioned that she couldn't find any duck fabric, but found fabric with loons on it. She was sorry but I am ecstatic! I love all the feathered friends :)))) Don't worry, I will be posting pics of my lovely quilt and I have to find someplace I can put it where it won't get ruined. I really cherish and appreciate hand made items these days. Maybe I'm sentimental now :)

I got a few ideas for a blog design- a permanent one! You may or may not have noticed that I tend to change my background quite a bit on my blog. I just am not liking the template designer. So I am going to spend a lot of time designing my own and may have to spend quite a bit more of time re-learning all the coding... Believe it or not, I actually took a web design course or two, and was pretty good at it (even though I HATE tables with a passion!!) Looking at Blogger's code, there isn't too much I don't understand; even so, my idea is pretty intense, so it will require a lot of thinking on my part, and maybe a domain name is in my future as well.
Of course, Brian will be coerced recruited into helping me!

Have you any hand made items that you treasure? Who made it?

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! I haven't stopped by in a while so I appreciate this nice lengthy post. ;) Sounds like things are going well. That quilt is gorgeous - you're lucky to have such talented family members.
    I've been meaning to clean up my blog too, but unfortunately I don't really have the talent to back my vision. I need to educate myself about going beyond the usual templates.
    Have a great weekend!
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!