Friday, January 21, 2011

Short Hair Thoughts

I'm very thoughtful as of late. I think it's all the reading I have been doing. It seems when I actively engage my mind (such as reading) I tend to think a lot more. And the more I think, the more I notice things. When I don't do anything productive (like uhm my life in general) I find myself rather blah.

So... more rambling from me. Sorry.

Since I chopped off all of my hair I have noticed a few things.

1) If I put my hair in a pony tail I look like Pebbles Flintstone

2) My hair gets greasier a lot quicker. I could normally wash it every third day before it got too greasy (on the 4th day) but now it seems like I can only go every 2 days (washing it on the third). Shorter hair will force me to have better hygiene, I guess.

3) Short hair really does make you look thinner. I read it in a magazine. Basically the article said that most women will treat themselves to a hair cut *after* they lose weight, but really they should do it *before* losing weight so they can feel good about themselves. And I think its true. My mood has definitely improved! (another helpful hint: go and buy clothes that are actually comfortable and fit you properly, even if they are a bigger size. Feeling and looking your best definitely impact on how you approach losing weight)

4) Short hair is wash and wear. I used to have to do my hair and it used to take a while. It took sometimes 10 minutes to brush it free of all the knots and tangles (long hair is a bitch!) and if I wanted to curl it or straighten it, it would take sometimes another half hour more. I realize that I don't spend a lot of time doing my hair or makeup as some women, but still. Now I spend even less!

5) I use about a 3rd of the shampoo and conditioner, because I only have a third of my hair! I have to say, its weird washing short hair.

6) My hair feels thicker and healthier. (Despite what the stylist said, I do not have "fine hair", its actually quite thick)

It's been a long time since I have had my hair cut so short and the more I think about it, the more I like it. I don't think I will always keep it this short, but you never know.

It's nice feeling good about myself again. Now all I need are some new glasses and I think even Casual Christie will be looking pret-ty damn good.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I love short hair and Im a glasses ADDICT.

    wanna go shopping? then we can lop off my hair and paint each others nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cut six inches off of my hair, but it is still past my shoulders. It is weird washing it shorter and I too use way less product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go in for a hair cut about twice a year. It grows too fast for me to spend the money going in ever 6 weeks to keep up w/ short hair (what you save on shampoo, you spend on haircuts). But to each their own!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!