Friday, January 21, 2011

Staying Motivated

On Twitter I saw from Biggest Loser

This week, Joe stayed motivated with a reminder on his arm. How do you stay focused on your goals? 

So I decided (aside from keeping that formatting from Twitter) that I was going to write a reminder on my arm as well. And I thought of something pretty catchy.

If you track it, they will come... (off)
My mother would be so disappointed. She used to HATE that I did this sort of thing. Not only to my skin but to my clothes. Personally, I like it. Marker washes off. Unless its on jeans. Then not so much.

The point being- I see this little reminder all day long. And it is helping me keep accountable. Now I am not going to run out and get a tattoo of that or anything but it is serving its purpose today.

Notice the #1 near my wrist. I thought of a few others I would put down too, and they will be written at some point.

I have a confession and an announcement to make. My confession first. I had 3 blocks of vanilla almond bark so I melted that in the microwave with 1/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter and mixed it up and laid it on wax paper and let it harden. OMG it was delicious. I ate it all! for 17 points! What?? I tracked it...

And now my announcement. I mentioned on Wednesday that I was going to earn 14 Activity Points this week and I have officially earned 16 APs!! Yay Zumba!! It's nice actually achieving a goal. I think I am going to have to start going back to my daily goals and trying to accomplish those. I  like the sense of accomplishment! It feels great!!

I have also tracked and pretracked every day since Wednesday! YAY!! I am so proud of myself.

I wanted to start C25K this week, but... I didn't. Oh well. Maybe next week. I am just proud of myself for doing Zumba three days in a row. I also download the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout demo for the Kinect and tried that and it was fun. I really enjoyed it. It's on my Gamefly list. But first I have to get through Mass Effect 1 and Kinect Sports. Siggghhhh my life is so touuuugh lol :)

2 comments:

  1. Remember how nice it feels to achieve! :) It's addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice reminder. I made myself a bracelet (and put some magic into it - I am a witch after all!) which I am wearing constantly until I will have reached my "weight destination". It's made of thread of different colors which remind me to stay focused and keep the energy levels and determination up. And it has started looking a little worn... ^^

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!