Sunday, February 6, 2011

30 Day Shred, Day 2

After working out and a shower, Brian and I took a nap. I woke up so sore. My thighs were killing me and my arms were shaky still. I went to sleep early too, I was completely worn out. I ate exactly 32 points. And that brings me to today...

Day 2:

Woke up extremely sore. Had to work for a couple of hours, then proceeded to do 30DS immediately. I was not looking forward to it. I switched from the 3 lb hand weights to the 2 lbs, so I could give myself a little bit of an easier work out. Turns out, doesn't really matter. It still sucked.

I did all of the cardio again, save for the butt kicks. I was too out of breath to kick my own ass, so I marched in place. I took a few sips of water, here and there, but mostly sweated and groaned.

The bicycle crunches are still the worst.

After it was over, I lay on the floor, breathing heavy like a cow in labor. I tried to get up, but my abs hurt too bad. I lay there, eyes closed, and whimpered. Brian came over to give me a hand, and told me how impressed he was that I completed day 2. He said that he is insanely sore, so he can only imagine how I feel.

I am secretly thrilled. Though its not much of a secret now, is it? 

Eating is on plan!

Breakfast: Smoothie, for 6 pts (3 servings of fruit, yay!)
Lunch: Double JR Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendy's - 12 points. I wanted the Asiago Chicken Club but that was 21 points. No thanks.
Snack: I also got a Wendy's Small Chili, but saved it for later. 4 points.
Dinner: 7.5 ounces of chicken breast*, 3/4 cup of Green Giant Corn Niblets, and Green Giant Potatoes and Green Beans in Rosemary Butter sauce, for 13 points total (Pre-tracking for the *win*!)

*Note: That is the frozen weight. I'm sure the cooked weight will be a little less. 


Looked in the mirror today and liked what I saw. I can tell that I am definitely working those muscles and I hope to see some definition at the end of this 30 Days.

2 down, 28 to go! 

2 comments:

  1. Lemme say I've had the shred for two years now... and it still kicks my butt! That DVD is serious business..glad it's kicking yours too :)

    I also want to say that I got your beautiful card in the mail and it makes me so happy that I keep it tucked into my school binder. No one has ever made a card before, Christie. It is so beautiful. I'm glad we're mailing each other. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um....I have the 30 Day Shred DVD. I bought it in the Fall.
    It is still in the shrink wrap. * grimace*

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!