Saturday, February 5, 2011

Issued a Challenge

I had a sudden realization the other day: In 5 short months, I am going to be in my best friend's wedding as one of her bridesmaids. And my dress is both short and strapless. While it goes up to size 26, I'd really like to be somewhere in the neighborhood of a 14.

This led to a little mild panic on my part. Definitely need to do some strength training on my arms.

I also need to do some cardio. And I got to thinking... What if I did the 30 Day Shred for 30 consecutive days?

Do I even have it in me?

I tried to think of the last time that I did something for 30 days straight and it was then and there I decided I not only *could* do it, that I *would* do it.

So, today was Day 1 and that meant that there were measurements to be taken.

February 5, 2011

Bust 42
Waist 39
Abs 43
Hips 49
L Arm 14.5
R Arm 14
L Thigh 28
R Thigh 27
L Calf 16.5
R Calf 16.5

I will measure again at Day 15 (February 20th) and again at Day 30 (March 7th)

Brian even did Day 1 with me! It made me feel good that he actually did it with me and that it was just as hard for him as it was for me. He lifts things all day long and he was still having trouble! We were both panting and sweating, but neither of us gave up. I actually did the jumping jacks, the jump rope, and the butt kicks! If I do it by myself I usually don't do that part.

Will Brian always do the Shred with me? No. Will I do it anyway with out him? Yes. I can do this. The only thing stopping me, is me.

I took a nice, hot shower. Apparently, 20 minutes of circuit training (with aerobics) is 5 Activity Points. That's an easy way to earn points! 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I've heard so much about this shred (it's tough!) and I'm kinda scared of it myself. I will "watch" you and cheer you on. Just remember the following: "I will be a Hot Bridesmaid."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you see that YOU are your own worst enemy! Getting ready for my own wedding has me on the health kick even more... and my engagement ring is already loose! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!