Saturday, February 12, 2011

First Week Complete

Day 7 of the Shred was every bit as brutal as days 1-6. It really doesn't get any easier, honestly. I was thinking about why that was (as I was crying in a heap on the ground) and I figured it out. While my endurance and form have drastically improved, that means I am working harder and longer in the same amount of time.

The thing that still gets me is the jumping jacks, but you know what? Who likes those anyway. I know that I am going to always struggle with them (where is my Enell bra???) Tuesday is my transition day, I will be graduating to level 2. I'm scared. Hold me.

But you know what? No matter how many times I complete the level 1 work out, I can always add heavier weights. I am using 3 lbs now, but I can do 5 lbs and still be a good muscle building workout. In fact, after seeing my crazy results this week, it is definitely going to be a staple for me.

I didn't mention this yesterday, but I thought I would mention it now. I am 64" tall (5ft4) and I lost 15.25" around my body. That is almost 25% of my height in inches lost in a week. 23.8% to be exact. I lost that much in a week? Makes me wonder what will happen over the next three weeks! Just 8 more days until I am half way done (and taking another round of photos). When I complete the challenge I will post the before, halfway, and afters. I am kind of nervous about them but since you've already seen me at my fat-assiest, then there is nothing to worry about, right??

I can't believe I honestly made it a week. I have been on par with tracking too. I even ate half a pizza the other night and tracked it all. Also I don't really eat all day since I do the Shred, and that pretty much destroys my appetite.

This weekend I am going to eat a peach and a plum as part of my "don't be afraid of fruit, you pussy!" personal challenge. Last week found me with bananas. This week I have a fragrant peach, and a tree ripe plum.

What fruits are your favorites?

3 comments:

  1. Throw all of your fruit in a blender with some ice and milk (I use soy milk) and a splash of vanilla and some honey, and you can do 2-3 servings in one delicious drink. I sometimes put in some peanut butter for protein. I know some bloggers put spinach in and claim that they can't taste it, but I remain skeptical! In any case, it makes for a good "dessert".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm a new follower a la Trisha. First and foremost - I LOVE the name. I also like zombies, playing video games and making kitchen messes. =) I don't, however, know how to ride a bike. Lol.

    Anywaaay. I want to do the Shred, too, but I'm abso-frickin'-lutely terrified. I like a bit of workout pain, but a lot? Omg. Plus, I'm like 282lbs of jiggle-fat, and I'm not sure how my body would react. But, uhm, 23.8% of your height (mine is 5'2", soo), in one week? That's a pretty big motivation.

    Favorite fruits are apples, grapes and bananas - I'm a pretty plain jane. Oh, I like raisins, too. (I like them better covered in chocolate yogurt, but well...)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!