Thursday, February 10, 2011

On the 6th Day of Shred.

You guys are so awesome. Thanks for all of your incredibly sweet, helpful, encouraging comments. I didn't mean to inspire a blog-wide 30 Day Shred-fest, but I am so glad you are doing it!! It makes me feel great knowing others are trying it too. I don't feel so alone now, and even more motivated to complete it! Go TEAM!! We can do it! 

Day 6 which means I have made it almost an entire WEEK through the 30 Day Shred. Which means only have to do it 4 more times. I am 20% done!!

Day 6 was not any easier than Days 1-5. In fact, it was probably harder today than it should have been because I was eager to try level 2. Never again. I have noticed some new things though: I can complete about a minute and a half each circuit of cardio, better than I have previously. I can also do more bicycle crunches, I completed the whole set of them today. Still cried in agony when I was doing it though. My lower abs are burning now, but I think that is a good thing. Those are definitely my weakest abs, because my belly fat hangs out there. I definitely have noticed that my belly is shrinking a little from all of the cardio and crunches! 

Paula mentioned her daughter does level 1, level 2 AND level 3, back to back!! Wow, that is some serious dedication.

Wednesday was awesome eating wise. I had 33 points, earned 6 points. 

I wasn't very hungry. And also I was feeling very lazy. I didn't really want to prepare anything to eat. I couldn't be bothered to wash a spoon, so I poured 2 cups of Honey Nut Cheerios into a cup and munched on them, for 8 points. Then after the Shred, I was hungry but even more unwilling to wash a spoon or prepare anything, so I had two more cups of Cheerios, for 7 more points. (15 total) 

I took a nap and slept off the soreness and when I got up, Brian was home and doing dishes. I'm such a bad housewife. But then I made dinner, so all was forgiven. We had Turkey Skillet which is sort of like Hamburger Helper, except without all the fat, preservatives, and ground beef. :P

Bacon Turkey Burger Skillet | Serves 4 generous portions | 12 PointsPlus per serving

~20 oz raw ground turkey, 93/7 at least. 
~4 oz Barilla Plus elbow macaroni pasta
~8 oz tomato sauce
~16 oz Swanson chicken broth
~1 cup Bacon Bits
~1/2 c each green bell pepper and onion, chopped
~1 cup fat free shredded cheddar. 
~Various seasonings. I used garlic, red pepper flakes, Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder, and chili powder

Directions:

In a big skillet, brown the turkey on medium heat and add in onion and green bell pepper, crumbling the turkey as it browns. After the meat is browned and the veggies soft, add in the tomato sauce, seasonings, broth, and pasta. Let it come to a boil on medium heat and then turn the heat down to medium-low, and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. After the noodles are tender, turn on low, put cheese and bacon on top and cover, until cheese is melted. 

Serve immediately. But don't burn your tongue, like I always do. 

Mine was extremely spicy, which I loved, but of course there are so many more options. If I was so inclined, this would have served 6, and the points would have been a little lower. But I was hungry, so I had a 4th of it. With 2 slices of whole wheat bread and a Tbl of butter, for 18 points total. 

Just 24 more days to go until I am shredded! What other recipes would you guys like to see? 

3 comments:

  1. Holy Wow!! I hope I make it to day 6!!! You've got me motivated, but I cant feel my legs!! I am still panting, and my arms are screaming, sadly this is only day 2 for me!!! OMG!!!

    Keep it up girl!! You have started a trend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!!! I did The Shred, felt good, nice to not be totally winded after level 1 but those bicyle crunches get me everytime. Also...OMG that girl does them all back to back? that's insane!!!! I must try it SOMEDAY! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe sounds good. I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!