Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reeling It In

 I bought a few new bras and a pair of jeans through Fashionbug.com, mainly because they were having a huge sale!! I needed new jeans, and I definitely would love bras that fit properly. I spent a few hours (not even kidding) measuring out everything and double and triple checking sizes online before settling on a pair of 18 petite jeans in their "right fit" style and a few bras. According to the size charts, I am a 16 in the waist, and an 18 in the hips. Makes sense, because a pair of the jeans I have are 16Ws and they don't fit so well. They are a little snug. I can get them on, buttoned, zipped, and my hands in the pockets, but they arent really comfy to move around in. I am hoping the 18Ps will fit perfectly- at least for a little while. The Petite inseam measures to 27.5 inches and mine is 25". Damn you short stubby legs! I'm seriously a ball with stubby arms and legs. Like if you take a medical glove and blow into it, how the palm area swells up and the finger areas are little sticks? That's me.

Women's clothes are so tricky. Men have a bit of an easier time when it comes to clothes shopping though I know they have measurement discrepancies too .

March 10th, which is a Thursday, I am going to see Disney on Ice with my friend! We are going to see the Princess Collection show, or whatever it is called. It will have Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, and Jasmine in it. I am so excited! Belle has always been my favorite! I made us "princess headbands" that we can wear to the show! We also got pretty good seats for only $11.50! Not a bad deal at all. And since its on a Thursday, there won't be a lot of people there (or children!)

I also have to start shopping around for my bridesmaid dress this upcoming month. BFF wants me to have it purchased by mid-April, in case any alterations need done. I'm sure there will be some needed because I am going to lose weight. I don't want to be the "fat friend stuffed in a taffeta* dress" for her wedding. Her other two bridesmaids are thin (of course) so even if I do lose 20+ lbs for her wedding, I will still be the heaviest by at least 40 lbs. I'm already going to feel self conscious, so I might as well give it my best effort. What do I have to lose? But I don't want to say " I want to lose 20 pounds by July 8th" because that is only setting me up for failure. I want to say "I am going to lose pounds and inches by July 8th" but that is the easy route. I would only have to lose 2 lbs and 2 inches for that goal to be successfully met. Also- I only have about... 4 months! Talk about pressure. If I could just lose a lb a week, I would be 16 lbs lighter. God that would be awesome.

*Side note: she is actually not making us wear taffeta. It's open ended. It has to be a certain color (lapis- which, oddly enough, is a dark purple, instead of blue like the name implies) and it can't be satin. So I have to do some thinking.

Well that is pretty much it! Resolve 4.0 in effect. Lets hope I don't need to update my firmware for a while

2 comments:

  1. Being a bridesmaid for us “kind” of ladies can be so nerve racking but it’s a great motivator too!! :]
    At least your BFF is not making you wear hot pink satin next to her size 2 friend ugh!!! Worst night of my life btw lol.
    I have been in 2 other weddings, one was red and another dark brown for my cousin’s which I was motivated to lose 25 lbs for so you can totally do it!! oh and SPANX was a life saver. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always crack me up! A medical glove - ha!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!