Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dear Diary

Dear Diary,

It's been so hard this week trying to stay within my daily points. It really forces me to be creative. The trouble is, I am not hungry. I'm bored. I have a lot of time on my hands suddenly and now I don't know what to do with myself.

So far, since Monday, I have lost 1.6 lbs by staying in my points range. And that's really good news. I am not going to sabotage that just because I am bored and I want to eat.

I've done dishes, and laundry. I cleaned up. I went on a long (55 minute) walk with Max. I joined a tanning salon. I worked on my resume. I've slept more in the last few days than I have all last week. I went to the library and browsed DVDs and almost rented "Sweating to the Oldies". I organized the DVDs in the library. I opened up Photoshop for the first time in years and I actually removed some red eye from my photos. I made a hat pattern. I played with the dog. I listened to music. I watched YouTube videos. I have been organizing files on the computer. And today is only Wednesday. I am bored. 

I've been earning activity points and immediately pretending I've used them, that way I am not tempted to eat them all. I did the same thing with my weekly points too, and that is going really well for me.

How do you keep your mind busy when your hands are already busy? Am I just doing things that are mindless and don't require a lot of thought? Do I need to solve complex mathematical formulas so I am not bored??

Brian says "play a video game" but I don't want to. I do and I don't. I just want... to .... eat!!! I am not hungry though. I space my meals out pretty regularly, eating a big breakfast, having a snack, eating lunch, EATING FRUIT, and then having a decent sized dinner.

I'm not complaining. Don't get me wrong. I am just saying- how can I be bored when I did all that shit!? I am so exhausted from all my running around today, so I think I will go take a nap. Might as well, right?

What do you do when you are bored?

4 comments:

  1. Its head hunger. I had gb and feel no hunger but I get hungry in my head. My current distraction while i do insane amount of little chores is I think about me at goal, food poisoning and budgeting my money better. It sucks but it helps me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. head hunger i promise it goes away the thinner you get

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find cracking open a good book helps me forget about just about everything. A good book and a cup of tea... or run yourself a bubble bath. :) I had to learn how to enjoy relaxing myself! A very wise therapist once told me "enjoy this moment, whatever it brings, because it won't last forever."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually a voracious reader. It's a lot harder to read a book and eat at the same time than it is to eat and watch TV.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!