Friday, April 8, 2011

The Decision- Part 2

Well Hubby finally decided that he cannot take another minute at his current job. He called off today and then went to his last job and asked for them to take him back. He will know Monday for sure but they said he had a great chance and he is like 95% positive that he will be accepted back into the fold.

Me? I'm just happy my husband stopped freaking out.

This week has been hell on his mental health.

Monday I get the fun task of turning in all his stuff and saying "he isn't coming back, he just can't handle it" hahahaha

Brian's worried his boss will yell at me. I guess his boss has anger issues and is a bit of a sexist jerk too. I told him that I wasn't going to even speak to his boss, just the security guard. And well, if I have to talk to the boss, I'm just going to say he isn't coming in and then leave. I am not worried. Brian thinks he might fly off the handle with me but I can hold my own when it comes to that sort of behavior. I'm laughing right now thinking about it. But that is what wifes do. They step up to the plate when they have to. I'm not the type who gets backed into corners easily or takes a lot of crap. I'm not going to yell at him or make him cry (I'm sure I could) I just am going to tell him that I'm sure he will find someone to fill the position and have a nice day, walk away. Brian is worried I might go a little nuts.

He's just worried about everything though lol

I can't say I blame him. I've been in a job where I've just felt the overwhelming sense that I needed to quit NOW and that I couldn't handle another minute of this place and I know that it happens to others too. I have quit a job on a moment's notice and had a mental breakdown in the process. I totally know how he is feeling and that is why I am okay.

I'm okay because I have been there. I am okay because he is making money off his commissions. I am okay because he likely has another job lined up. I am okay because he has a lot of art to keep him busy.
I'm okay because I can see the sense of relief in my husband. He's finally getting back to himself. He had no appetite for a few days, now every few minutes he's asking me what there is to eat. He wasn't sleeping at all and was tired, he is rejuvenated now.

I'm looking forward to the new beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!