Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tracking Tuesday

Allow me another blog to brag. I told you I had diarrhea of the keyboard!

I finally said to myself "Self," I says, "self, you need to get back on tracking!" And that is what I did with my Self today. I put her on a strict plan of "you bite it, you write it" just to see where I am at. And the numbers aren't fantastic, but they are definitely better than they were last week.

Breakfast: Weight Watchers French Toast and Turkey Sausage - 7 Points+. I could seriously eat these all day.
Lunch: Wendy's Jr Bacon Cheeseburger- 8 Points+
Weight Watchers Chicken Fettucine 7 Points+ (This was eaten an hour later when I realized that - duh!- the cheeseburger left me hungry!)
Dinner: Stouffer's Meatloaf and Gravy, 2 loaves (5P+ each) with 2/3 cup instant mashed potatoes (4P+) 14 Points+
Snacks: Quaker True Delights Pomegranate Blackberry 13 crisps- 3 Points+
Weight Watchers Chocolate Brownie ice cream 6 oz cup ($1!) 4 Points+

Now if you add that up you will see I went over my points. I get 35 a day, and I ate 43, so I had 8 points more than I should have... what was 8 Points on my meal log... the Wendy's! UHM COINCIDENCE? Not!

I'm proud of myself.... because I ate mostly at home today .....because I drank a lot of water .....because I did not have 4 cups of coffee creamer with a smidgen of coffee (lulz) .....because I tracked! ....because I made smarter choices. I could beat myself up saying what a horrible failure I was... but I am not. It's my first day back on tracking. And no one is perfect their first day. Least of all me.

I'm also impressed with Wal-Mart lately. This is where I made my ice cream run at midnight. I normally shop at Meijer, and while Weight Watchers are on sale this week at my usual store... I made a startling discovery. They are cheaper at Wal-Mart!!! What?!?! Also, more variety?! That 6 ounce ice cream was not at Meijer. Also my favorite tortillas- you know the Mission Low Carb tortillas that are only 2 points??- they are almost $2 dollars cheaper at the Wal-Marts versus Meijer. Meijer- $4.50 for 10 soft taco sized tortillas. Wal-Mart- $2.68 for the same package. I'll be shopping there from now on! POM juice was cheaper too. So I bought a small bottle to supplement my iced tea and to use in my smoothies.

I'd also like to point out that my ice cream wasn't necessarily a bad choice. Sure, 4 Points+ seems like a lot for 6 ounces of ice cream, but Brian got Haagan Daz, and his was way more points!

Haagan Daz Rocky Road:

Serving size 1/2 cup (4 ounces)
Calories: 290
Total fat: 17 g
Carbs: 29 g
Protein: 5 g
Fiber: 1g

Points+ Value: 8!!

Weight Watchers Chocolate Fudge Brownie:

Serving size 6 ounces
Calories: 150
Total Fat: 1.5 g
Carbs: 33 g
Protein: 4 g
Fiber: 5 g

Points+ Value: 4


Also to my new friends, thanks for dropping by! Make sure to leave a comment so I can find and stalk you back :)

1 comment:

  1. Good job! I'm gonna pass on a goodie here. I follow the Living a Changed life blog mainly for her delicious, downright cheap, DELICIOUS dessert recipes!
    Sean and I tried this one and it's AWESOME and about 220 calories/serving. We served some to his Navy buddies who arrived yesterday and it was a hit with them too.
    So check out this Berry Cobbler (I'm sure you could do this with any frozen fruit.) http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/2011/04/recipe-review-berry-cobbler.html

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!