Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just How Far Along.... Are You?

Baby calculators confuse me. I don't see why it's calculated from the first day of your last period. How can I be two weeks further along than when ovulation/conception occurred? That's retarded.

I know we conceived on April 11th. I know my estimated due date is Jan 02, 2012. But apparently... that makes me 5 weeks pregnant? Even though it's only been 3. So I guess I'm a little further along than I thought. Only 35 more weeks to go all of a sudden.

Bah.

Also- my brother in law and I had this conversation...

Him: Hey. How's the transition going?
Me: Transition?
Him: the baby
Me: ....."transition??" The transition's going smoothly Captain. If we maintain this velocity, we should intercept the baby in 35 weeks.
Him: LOL I can't believe I'm going to be an uncle. Take care of yourself and the baby. I mean it.

It's cute how excited he is, and still he tries to maintain nonchalant. :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet conversation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They start from the end of your last period, because all that preparation before your period is part of the pregnancy. ( + 2 weeks )

    That is an awesome conversation!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!