Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Scored Well

My brother in law is thinking of joining the Air Force. I told him I would help him prepare for the test they take, called the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) since he is a little worried about it.

Turns out, Military.com, the United States' official military page has everything you need to study and prepare for the test. And you can even take practice tests! Hurray! So I decided to see what was on the test, so I would know what to help him study for. I took a practice test and turns out, I scored really high... 80 being the lowest score I got, everything else was 100% haha

The test is a little brutal there were lots of things I had to wrack my brains over, like geometry formulas. And converting square footage to square yards. I remembered enough of it, though, it seems. Since I took the test, the government has been emailing me constantly. "Ready to take the next step?" Haha I should be like... "No. I'm 4 months pregnant. I just wanted to see if I was smart enough."

In addition to the online resources I found, our local library had a lot of study guides for the test, and I checked out 4 of them. They are all published in 2010 so they should not be too outdated. From my understanding they update the ASVAB yearly? Anyway, can't hurt. Plus it was free.

The brother is coming over tomorrow, I think, and we are going to have some fun checking it out. I think he's really ready for this step in his life and helping him study and succeed is one task I can handle!

Have any of you ever thought about joining the military? No matter which branch, just in general? Me, I could never go, I've got a bad ankle and you know... no desire! ;) It's nice to know that if I were able to go, I could get into the Air Force! haha

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I took the ASVAB in high school and rocked it. At the time, I didn't want to join the Air Force. I wanted to do something more creative.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!