Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm More Important Than Food and Swimming

My friend Carissa texted me today. "Wanna hang out?" and she came over to chill.

I absolutely adore her because she is so open and honest, and she is so similar to me. Anyway, she had told me that she was at her boyfriend's house and that she wanted to do something so she came over. Which is really nice. Then she went on to say that she had been invited to a BBQ and was going to go swimming, but she'd rather hang out with me.

ha. I'm flattered to be more important than food and swimming.

She was over for a few hours and again, we talked nonstop the whole time. I didn't even bother turning on the TV or Netflix, haha.

It's so nice to hang out with her because she's so low maintenance, easy going, and quite a talker. I mean, we get along on so many levels, you'd think we have been friends for years, but really, we've only hung out less than a dozen times. So it is a very fast, yet natural, click that we have.

When she left, she said we will have to do this again in a few days. Yes we will! I know nothing super exciting is happening in our lives, but we never run out of things to talk about. She really makes me smile. She also makes my jaw hurt, since I've yakked it off and laughed all night long!

It's taken me nearly 3 years, but I finally made a real friend in my new town. Someone I feel just as close to as Kayla. I never thought I would make any more friends, since I am so picky, but Carissa and I just click. I'm so happy to have met her.

Do you have trouble making friends? Or am I just overly picky?

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations with finding a friend. I don't think you can be too picky when it comes to finding friends. Having a few good friends is by far better than having lots of bad friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time making great new friends that I click with, too. After living in this city for 4 years, I think I finally made one, and it's always a joy to hang out with her, whatever it is we're doing. Happy for you! A good friend really is hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, def. It's not so much that I'm picky but it takes something (don't know what!) for me to click with people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I'm hoping to click with someone around here too, other than My Sailor. I did meet another sailor's wife at sushi last week and she was actually pretty freakin' awesome! We both had a good time. This is a reminder that I should definately invite her over to hang out someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have huge trouble making real friends. It's my natural tendency to adjust whatever I'm doing/saying to make whoever I'm with happier, and this extends to friends (unfortunately). I have a TON of friends, people I talk alot with and who know me really well, but I still can't truly be myself around them. The only people I've connected with like that are my one best friend, Bonnie, my little sister, and my ex.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!