Sunday, August 28, 2011

What I Want Vs What I Need

As my pregnant belly swells and it becomes more and more obvious that I have trouble doing just about everything, I decided to make a list of things I want to do and what I need to do still.

Then I broke down the tasks into more manageable bite sized morsels.

I get overwhelmed very easily, especially when it comes to cleaning. I thought if I listed things that needed tackling and then broke everything down, it would become much more manageable.

Things I need to do:

1. Clean our bedroom
-Do all the laundry
-Move the bikes
-Put the crib together
-Clean the walk in closet

2. Clean the bathrooms
-Scrub toilet
-Scrub tub
-Sweep
-Clean mirrors/sink

3. Clean the kitchen
-Dishes
-Counters
-Scrub stove/oven
-Clean pantry
-Scrub freezer/fridge

*4. Transform 2nd Bedroom
-Move the office furniture
-Paint the nursery
-Bring in all the baby stuff.

*this won't be done until after the baby shower(s)


Then there are things that I want to do, but just don't seem to have the energy or the gumption to do at all. Like ride my recumbent bike. Crochet my baby blanket. Make more YouTube videos. Walk the dog.
Sell some stuff.

This too, will be broken down, but rather, into time chunks. 15 minutes each. I can do that for 15 minutes!

It's so hard to find the motivation especially now but I am going to do it damnit! At the end of the day, I want to look at what I've done and said "I gave it my all" no matter how big or small the task was.

And I am going to do it.


1 comment:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!