Friday, September 30, 2011

Congratulations!

A friend of ours (well, it's actually my brother in law's ex-wife, but we're still friends) recently gave birth to her little boy. She was 6 weeks ahead of me in pregnancy, and delivered her little boy early. Weighing 5 lbs and 5.56 ounces, and completely healthy, baby M was born at 12:30 AM on September 27th.

The mom, R, is doing great too! She and I were talking a bit about it yesterday over Facebook and she was telling me how she had no idea she was in labor at first. She had been having what she thought were gas pains all day, and had taken Gas-X to help alleviate it. She was working and didn't pay much attention to it.

I have heard that labor feels a lot like having to go poop really badly, like you are working one up, and it's not progressing quickly. So I asked her- did you kind of think that you were working up a poop?

And she said that is exactly how it feels. By the time she realized her "gas pains" had a rhythm to them, she called her doctor and they told her to go in to the hospital, she was already dilated 5 cm (about half way) and only made it to 9.5 before baby M arrived. 4 hours of labor. Wow.

I saw some pictures of the cute little boy and I started crying. This boy is so precious. I can't wait to hold my baby in my arms for the first time.

Congratulations again to R and her hubby for their new bundle of joy!

1 comment:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!