Thursday, September 15, 2011

Doctor's Visit

I absolutely hate going to the doctor for a routine visit, especially when I am not being tested for anything or getting an ultrasound. UGH. I have an appointment here in an hour and I am not looking forward to it. I think I should just skip it...

But technically, I already have used my insurance for my appointments, tests, and the delivery and I have a $550 bill that I have to pay... so I might as well go, since I'll be paying for it whether I go or not.

Today it is 60 degrees out and sunny- perfect pre-fall weather. I love autumn. Cool, crisp air, hooded sweatshirts, cotton leggings... ahhhh. What a day.

Last night, I'll have you know that I did something both incredibly stupid and incredibly satisfying.

I went to Dunkin' Donuts and got a dozen assorted donuts. Came home, ate 4 of them. Put the rest in the fridge for Brian (ha!) and took a nap. When Brian got home, I finally broke down and let him know that I was actually really sad about yesterday. He told me I should just cry when I feel like crying and stop trying to make myself feel guilty about it or force myself to move on before I am ready.

So to remedy my loneliness, Brian and I cuddled on the sofa with my quilt and we watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Brian has not seen it all the way through, which was odd to me, because he's seen all the other ones. I made the joke the reason he hasn't seen it all the way through was because the movie had a very weak story line! Hahaha... he didn't think it was funny. Chamber was not my favorite book, nor was it my favorite movie. My favorite book probably was Goblet of Fire, since there was just so much more to the whole thing, and you kind of don't figure out the whole plot to the damn movie/book in the first 15 minutes.

After we went to bed, we laid there discussing what we thought the next big epic series of movies was going to be. You know, there was Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter. Brian said Pirates of the Caribbean was another one, but I kind of disagree. It's great, just not epic. Then we started talking about our favorite parts of LotR, and I mentioned my favorite part was Viggo Mortenson hehe ;) Gotta love me some Ranger.

I'm feeling much better and there are still 6 donuts in the house, so that should tell you that I stopped eating them.

Anyway. what do you guys think is the next big epic? I'm not much of a movie buff (like, at all... I rarely watch movies) so I'm probably going to disagree or be clueless, but I am interested in knowing what you filmies all think.

Anyone else there not a big movie fan? Or is it just me? I get called weird all the time because I just don't care about movies much.

1 comment:

  1. I don't foresee anything "epic." MAYBE the Avengers. But the greatest epic of all time is The Godfather (except part 3. That was shitty). There's no fancy schmancy special effects or anything, it's just brilliantly written and acted. Al Pacino at his best.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!