Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thoughts

I'm having a hard time processing some of my thoughts lately. Between staying up with a sick dog and worrying over him, to some family drama, things are a little hectic to say the least.

I'm running on E on sleep and thankfully, have a light work load next week so I can catch up on it. I'm not worried about money, but it is worrisome that there is only $10 in our bank account right now. Remember the vet bill? Yeah it set us back quite a bit but we were still able to pay it off in full. I am not acquiring any more debt, so I made sure we paid it in full, even if we had to suffer for a few days until I got paid.

I've spent a lot of time working on my Total Money Makeover because it's the only thing that is distracting me right now. I have to be honest- I am so enthralled by this process, I am so ready to be gazelle-intense, and I am so thankful that some of my readers have done it and can tell me it works. 

You guys rock. You are keeping me on track. You are keeping Brian hopeful. He said "it's almost like a cult!" I told him there is a line in the book that tells you to shave your head and drink the Kool-Aid and he just looked at me in horror. He really thought it was a cult. It's pretty funny! But he has since read some of the stories on Dave's website. We are more interested in reading those stories of people like us. With our income level or our amount of debt, or those who were so far into debt it was unfathomable for us. 

It's really uplifting, at least to me. Finally I see things starting to move in a positive direction. 
What is important to me is my husband and my child and my dog. I am doing my best- pouring my heart into this Total Money Makeover- to get out of debt, to have an emergency fund, to have a savings, that way we can DO the things we want to. I have even convinced Brian that if he read the Total Money Makeover book, that he too, would get the fire. So here we are. Ready to start a new day. 

I may only have $10 in my bank account, but I am richer for the experiences. I have a lot to be proud of this week. For taking care of Max. For paying his vet bill in full. For using the rest of the money we had left over to pay bills. For putting our Wii up on eBay (as of now, it has 9 watchers/8bids/40 views and it's been less than 24 hours!!) For selling my laptop. For writing all of our bills out. For writing our budget out. For realizing that I had spent all of my "allowance" and putting something back I wanted, because I didn't have the money for it.

If we have enough focus to become debt free (and Dave said the process will take about 1 and 1/2- 2 years) if we are GAZELLE intense.... that means it will be my greatest accomplishment. My greatest challenge. And once that is done, there is no stopping me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!