Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Walk In September

Unsurprisingly, the day after I announced I was going to start taking the dog on a walk every day, the temperature rose and the heat index settled into the low 100s.

Being pregnant, I figured it's best to stay indoors on those days. Having an all black dog doesn't help either.

Today, however, it was only 70 degrees. Perfect weather for a brisk little walk. I set the timer on my phone to 15 minutes, laced up my shoes and grabbed the leash. We were gone!

We only walked around the apartment complex, because I didn't want to go to far. 15 minutes was plenty of time though- by the time I got back upstairs and in the apartment, both Max and I were panting! Hehehe.

It felt good to get out there walking again. Walking is one of my favorite forms of exercise. Considering you can do it just about anywhere, any time, well... it makes it a perfect free activity! Not to mention that Brian actually has a hard time keeping up with me once we start walking... I may have shorter legs, but generally I can go for longer without getting tired.

I hope the weather keeps like this for a while, I would love to continue on walking!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome walking job! :) Maybe an evening walk when things get too hot during the day would help you both out?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!