Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weight Off My Shoulders

And off my ass, too, I guess! I woke up this morning afternoon and weighed in at 233... 2 lbs down from yesterday. All I did was eat normally, but I logged everything I ate. Turns out I still struggled to hit my daily calories, so I guess since I threw away the pie that was what I needed!

I also ended up drinking nearly a gallon of water/Crystal Light. Increased fluid intake + pregnant = mucho bathroom trips! I got up 4 or 5 times during the night thinking I was about to explode if I didn't get to the bathroom NOW.

I feel much more in control. I am just going to keep doing that. Logging food. Drinking fluids.

It feels so good to finally be back in the driver's seat. Don't worry about the weight- it will do what it wants, but don't encourage it to get out of control. Eating a whole cheesecake pie and a half a dozen donuts isn't benefiting me or the baby. Being conscious of eating every few hours, keeping myself occupied instead of bored? That's what will benefit both of us.


3 comments:

  1. I use a great iphone app called Lose It to track my calories. I really recommend it! They have a website you can use, too, if you don't have a smartphone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Don't worry about the weight- it will do what it wants, but don't encourage it to get out of control." I need to tattoo this on my hand or something so I can remember this too! As long as we're making healthy choices, that's really what counts! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you.... Keeping and eatign nutrious foods and you'll be doing you and your little one good. I know how easy it is to eat an entire cheesecake. I certainly have.

    Hang in there friend.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!