Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tomorrow's To-Do's

Thoughts of tomorrow are weighing on my mind. I really hate going to the doctor. I know I need to go, but it's just one of those things that seem to take forever!

I'm 29 weeks today. Wow, hard to believe I am that pregnant already. Time certainly has gone by so quickly. It's hard to believe that I am due in 2.5 months. I swear I just got pregnant!

My to-do list keeps growing! I have to call one hospital to sign up and complete a Parents Q&A class so I get a free portable play pen playard. I don't really have any questions though. There is also a free 4 week class being offered at another hospital that I would like to take. It's free, so why not? And I have to schedule an "expectant parent talk" with a pediatrician, see if they take our insurance (they should, same health network as my OB). This is on top of the glucose screen and the OB doctor's appointment. And I guess now I'll have to come in once every two weeks, since I've hit the third trimester. Gag me with a spoon.

I guess I should write down some questions. I try to be a very good patient and actually ask questions so I can be educated. I ask my gyno and family doctor questions all the time. But because I've read so many articles and baby books I feel like I don't have a whole lot to ask any more. And then of course there is Google. I ask Google everything! (come on, you know you type your query in the form of a question too... don't deny it. 'Why does asparagus make your pee smell funny?'..sorry that was the only thing I could think of!)

I mean, I asked about my weight gain, I asked about my blood pressure. I will probably ask a bit about lactation consultants (hey, if it's free, I'll do it, if not... meh) I'll probably ask my OB if he recommends a pediatrician. Heck, I think he is also a pediatrician. Let me ask Google. Nope, not one. Darn. Guess he only deals with va-jay-jays and deliveries.

And after all of that? I still have to go grocery shopping. Ughhhh. AND we are having company over too. Brian's friend/boss is coming over and they are designing a website for his friend's father in law. The father in law is going to help them with starter funds for the game studio, and is willing to pay a lot of money for this website. We get a small percentage of it to keep as payment for the website design, but most of the money is going to buy software licenses. Actually, I'm not really pleased with the amount that Brian will be getting for the website design, as it's not even 10% of what the man is paying. So he's going to talk to his friend/boss and see if we can get a little more. He's not going to push the issue though; they definitely need the software licenses and those bitches are expensive. (Besides, it's basically free money. Brian designs websites in his sleep and this one is actually really simple.)

I'm off to go Google a list of questions I should be asking these various doctors, nurses, and whoever else I will be seeing in the next few weeks.

I guess I do have some questions but they are not really... hospital questions. More like government and insurance questions. Oh well, someone will be able to answer them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!