Thursday, December 29, 2011

Funny How Life Works

So in 5 hours, we are headed to the hospital to embark on our latest adventure and newest journey: childbirth. But apparently, life had other plans.

I was commenting how I thought Brian was having panic attacks. He was vomiting and had diarrhea. It's not that uncommon to become physically nauseous when you are overwhelmed... and having a baby is overwhelming.

Turns out, I was wrong (surprise!) I know, I was shocked too. He came home and felt very feverish, so I took his temperature. 99.8. Okay slight fever... no biggie. He slept a bit and I checked his temp every hour, and it got as high as 100.2 but then quickly went back down. Today he's normal. Thank goodness.

He woke up at 6 am and ravenous (a sign of him being normal again....) and we went to Steak n Shake for burgers, fries, and shakes. We decided to leave Max out of his crate, since he has been doing so well lately. I thought, hey, we won't be gone for longer than an hour... no big deal.

We came home and when we walked in the door, we saw it. The destruction. Foam everywhere. From what? Our sofa.

He chewed a big fat hole in the middle of the sofa cushion. The cushion that can't be removed. Siggggh

He knew he did wrong too because as soon as we saw it, he tucked his tail, ducked his head and bolted for his cage. I just locked him up and didn't say a word. Brian tried really hard not to go off... and he managed pretty well. I felt sick to my stomach.

What is wrong with this dog?

So we put all the stuffing back in- we had no choice, otherwise one side of the cushion would be lumpy and the other flat- and we jury rigged a patch with some duct tape and a blanket as a cover. We called an upholstery place (if you live in/near the Ft Wayne area, I'm sure you can guess who we called! They only have the most annoying/pervasive radio ad ever) and got a quote.

$300.

The sofa cost $650 brand new.

We haven't decided whether or not we are going to replace it.

But we know that we are going to be prepared now for kids- they are always sick and destroying your shit!

Anyway, I'll probably be tweeting (nothing tmi) all night and all day until the action happens, so you can follow me at @christiefarrar and Brian's is @befarrar and we will use the hash tag #babyfarrar so you can keep updated if you so choose.

I'm outta here. See ya on the flip side.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! Girl, that was so good of you to not say a word. My husband would have killed my dog! Geez! I'm so sorry. I guess soon you'll forget all about it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like maybe you need to give Max some of that anxiety medication? Either that or hire some preteen to walk the heck out of him and get rid of every last bit of that energy! What aweful timing.
    Well, we have a really nice futon for a couch that we got from Ikea for about the price of what it would cost to fix your couch. At least he's teaching you to roll with the punches!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!