Friday, December 2, 2011

O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!

So Brian put up the tree. I'd like to say I helped. I did a little, I fanned out the fake branches. I couldn't do anything more than that though, because I couldn't get up off the floor and by the time I did, I wrenched my knee and hurt my baby bump :( I was put on "supervisor duty" from the couch.

A job I did to the best of my ability, I assure you.

Actually I just watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and took a few pics!
Aww
See the angel on top? It's my very own ugly angel. My mom grew up pretty poor and one year when she was little, my grandma bought her a $1 angel tree topper. My mom thought she was the most beautiful angel in the world, and it's been on every Christmas tree since. It's a huge tradition in my family. I love that ugly, mangled little angel so much. My mom bought me my very own to start our own ugly angel tradition. The craftsmanship may not be the best... a 4th grader could do better, I'm sure... but I love it all the same. It's my very own. And she will adorn my tree every year.

Putting the Christmas tree up is my favorite part of Christmas. Aside from being showered with gifts, that is :) I'm really looking forward to adding a new ornament this year: one with the baby's name and birth date on it. But considering he's due(ish) on the 29th... he could very easily be born in 2012, so that is why I haven't taken the opportunity to get one.

Brian and I also have a great gift idea for our parents and grandparents... but again, it depends on when the baby is actually born. Either way, they will get this special gift and we will have a lot of fun with it!

Also- Know anyone who wants a Kindle? I'm selling mine on eBay since I have a fancy schmancy iPad. You can check it out uhm here http://bit.ly/suMC0x :) Thanks a lot!

2 comments:

  1. I love putting up the tree! My favorite part!

    I hope your knee and baby bump are recovered. Enjoy the basking for me-ours isn't up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEeeeee... i love seeing pictures of other peoples trees!! Thanks for sharing... i would have loved to have seen a pic of the angel since its your favorite part :0) Regardless of the craftsmanship, to me the stories of tradition are priceless.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!