Sunday, December 4, 2011

Out of Steam

Well, I'm officially out of the nesting phase. I am back to my regular self again. Avoiding chores like the plague.

This Thursday was supposed to be my Week 37 check up but my doctor isn't in that day, and I guess they were all booked up Friday, because now my appointment will be Monday, December 12th at 9:30 in the morning. Greeeeeeat. I will be 37 weeks and 4 days. Does that mean I'd have to go back in for the 15th? Two appointments in one week? Or now will I be late perpetually? Will I be given my pelvic at 37.5 weeks and then just skip the 38th week and wait until 39? Can I please just go into labor now so I don't have to think about it?

Since I don't have a doctors appointment on the 8th, I am going to get my hair cut instead. I want my layers evened out and a few inches cut off. I think I'll get a mani/pedi too. Sounds like a good idea to me! I'll have Brian call his aunt's salon for me tomorrow to make an appointment for at least one of those things.

I'm trying to cope with the false labor. I keep panicking. Is this a real contraction? No. Okay. Well... alright then. Is this a real one? Hmmm... No. okay. The baby hasn't dropped. I have passed any plugs or had my water break, and my contractions are sporadic at best. Not that any of that means anything; the baby doesn't always drop before labor begins, the plug and water don't always break, and the false contractions could be real contractions, just a little lame. It does all add up to one thing though:

I'm stuck being pregnant for now.

The baby moves so much it is hard to focus on anything else. He presses down against me and it suddenly feels like I have to pee now! I think I spend more time in the bathroom than anything else these days. I crave lots of water. My feet are so swollen they are actually round. I drink so much water that I expect it to start oozing out of my feet. I crave sweets all the time. I can't decide if I want cookies, brownies, or milkshakes. Or a combo of all three. So far, Brian's not given in to my demands whims. I think a cookie dough, brownie bite, peppermint shake sounds delicious. He looks at me like I've grown a second head.

Which I have. In my belly. So give me milkshakes now please. No such luck. Sigh.

Back to crocheting. Something to get my mind off of the nothing that is happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!