Saturday, December 17, 2011

What the heck?

On Mythbusters, they often have what they call a "What the hell are we doing?" moment. This is the moment when whatever ridiculous thing they are about to do sets in and they step back and reflect "Oh, this is my life."

I just had one of those.

My gramma, who is really tech savvy, sent me a text message.

"I lost the pattern for the baby blanket, can you look it up for me?"

Sure no problem, gramma. I hop on the computer, find the pattern she was using (because I knew what pattern she was using, weird or what?) and then told her I found it.

"Send it to me on my phone."

I just spent the last 5 minutes copying the instructions word for word into a SMS message to send to my grandma so she could finish my son's baby blanket. What the hell are we doing?

Living in the 21st century!

I can't help but laugh and shake my head. It's amazing what we use technology for. Sure I could have emailed it to her or even printed her off a copy.... but she wanted it on her phone. Which I think is really neat.

Go, Gramma, go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!