Monday, February 20, 2012

The New Schedule

Tuesday is Brian's first day at the new store. Usually he has Tuesdays and Thursdays off but this week, he has Wednesday and Thursday off, which means I need to rearrange my work schedule. Not a big deal, but not exactly what I wanted to do. He's also working Saturday mornings. Saturdays are crazy lucrative at his current store, so hoping that the new store will also be the same way.

I'm excited about this new opportunity. I hope that he is able to make at least the same as he was at the other store, but other than that I think it's great he will be closer to home. It will really save on gas money. (Although, since we got the new car, we've put $0 of our own money in for gas. That's pretty awesome.) We might even come out ahead and make a profit on gas money. You never know!

I also got another side-job. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to work it, but I am hoping that I can make a little extra money every month.

Pumping... isn't going well. I am drinking my fluids. I am eating much healthier. I am taking the supplements. I am pumping 8 times a day, 10 minutes each. I go every hour. I put off sleep so I can pump. Maybe that's the problem. It's really frustrating because all through my pregnancy, everyone told me that I would have no trouble producing breast milk since I am so busty. I didn't think I'd have any problems either, but it seems like I can't do it. Of course, I am not going to give up (again) because I really want to be proficient at it, so I will keep trying. Every little bit helps. I barely made 1.5 ounces yesterday. Drake eats about 24 a day. The longer I do it, the more I hope that "this time" will be the time that I start making more. Maybe I need to pump more frequently. I don't know.

Any advice?

Anyway, I need to get off the computer. I get a three hour window to sleep, and I am going to make the most of it.


  1. Did your doctor prescribe Domperidon for you? I'm pretty sure they have that in the states (I'm from Canada). What I did, and not sure if this will work for you, but I pumped every 2 hours around the clock for 20 minutes at a time (I have a double breast pump). If I still saw milk come out, I would pump until I saw no more milk "spraying"....and then once my milk stopped spraying I would continue to pump 2 more minutes (this was 20 minutes for me - it may be longer for you).

    Keep up your water and definitely keep up your sleep as that can also affect it. Otherwise, keep a positive attitude and make sure you are eating enough and that way you are nourishing your body and encouraging your milk supply to grow.

    I'm sorry you are having an issue with this. My friend is as well - she just can't produce yet, and I am pumping for my little guy and her little girl. I'm a total milk machine right now! But it's worth it.

    Good luck and keep at it. Oh, what kind of pump are you using? Is it Medela? If not, you may want to try and rent one for a couple weeks and be persistent with that brand as they are the hospital brand ones and really work to get the milk out. Hope this helps!

  2. Pumping is soooo much different than having an actual let down for your baby (nursing him). I kept thinking WTF? Why am I not producing? But Owl was getting fatter & happier. All I can say is try to find something to help you really relax & take your mind off the pump.


COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!