Thursday, February 23, 2012

This Week

Shit, son! Lots of things happened this week.

-Tuesday Brian transferred to the new store. The new store? Didn't advertise. The stores that they took the delivery area away from? Didn't tell their customers. So it was a slow day. He had Wednesday and today off, so we don't know how it has been the last couple of days. He works all weekend though- so here's hoping things look up.

-Nursing.... isn't working. Oh no. No no no no no no no. I think I may have traumatized my son for life now, because every time I whip them out (to pump!) and he sees them, he starts crying his "I hate my tiny little life" cry. Fantastic. Sorry I tried to do what was natural kid, artificial nipples it is. I didn't want him clamping down on me anyway.

-My new parts came for my breast pump!! Hurray! I am so glad that I ordered them, because it is so much easier and more comfortable to pump. Proof that I needed to upgrade- I have already produced twice as much as I normally do, in half as many sessions. Oh yes.

-I scored an awesome deal today. I needed more prenatal vitamins (it's recommended you keep taking them if you are breast feeding) and they were on sale, BUY ONE GET ONE FREE. It's a 45 day supply and $11. I got two for the price of one! Now I have enough for the next three months.

-We registered Brian's car today. It was either pay $50 for two months and then re-register, or pay $120 for 14 months. It would have been cheaper in the long run to do the $120, but we just didn't have the money really, so I am glad that we were able to do the $50.

-Drake has started laughing. Not cute little baby giggles, just a small "hee hee hee" occasionally. Adorable. I try so hard to make him laugh and smile all day. It leaves me exhausted. He also has been in constant demand mode. I want my pacifier 24-7! hold it in my mouth! Don't let it fall out, or I will scream my head off! The longer you wait to put it in, the more I'll cry! Why are you crying, mom?? I told you I want my pacifier, and I meant NOW!!!

-I got a VERY late Christmas present! It is a WW cookbook! It's from 2010, but it has points Values and all the nutrition information, so it will be easy to update to the new points plus program. Seriously- my mom got it for me for Christmas (it was wrapped and everything!) but she wasn't sure if I wanted it or not. I did!

-My grandma's sweet friend loves Drake so much, she bought him a bear and a book. Drake has met her more times than I have. I am always so amazed at her big heart. She has given us money and toys for the baby. I can never get over how giving she is. I am so grateful. It brings me to tears when I think about it.

-I didn't exercise at all. Yesterday was just a pretty bad day for everyone emotionally. Baby was fussy, Brian was fussy, and I had to pretty much do everything until super late in the evening, when I finally got some sleep.

-I crocheted! I got one of the middle-sized squares done for the baby afghan... and then realized I missed a stitch in the 3rd row (of 8) and had to undo it all and redo it all. Fun!

-I fixed the dishwasher, ran 3 loads of dishes, and did 2 loads of laundry in the last 24 hours.

3 comments:

  1. Poor mama. I hope things start to look up for you guys. I am glad pumping is easier for you with new parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm just gonna say good luck to you. I always wanted a baby, but I'm certainly not looking forward to all that madness. Tell drake GOOD JOB on the "hee hee hee" :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy is right! Sounds like some good and some bad. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!