Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Lazy Baby

Oh my son is so lazy... he takes 45-60 minutes to drink a 5 ounce bottle of milk. He constantly falls asleep while he is eating, and you can't wake him up. I laugh because when he finally finishes his bottle, he will stay asleep for another 5-10 minutes, then wake up dazed and confused.

Of course that could just be his normal face. He always looks a little worried or confused. He's just a weird kid, he cracks me up.

He also sleeps 12-14 hours a night. He goes down about 7-8 pm every night and will sleep the whole night through (no feed) and wake up sometime between 8-10 am. Crazy. For the record, I'm done with work at 2 am, so now I am able to get 6-8 hours of sleep a night. Woohoo!

Anyway, I am thankful that he is so laid back this week, especially today.

For whatever reason, today something is just not right with me. I am extremely tired. To the point I can't keep my eyes open. I get hot flashes and cold chills, and I am shaky. It's not lack of sleep, as I mentioned,  I get 6-8 a night, and Brian let me get in an extra 3.5 hours today. I slept for nearly 12 hours and I am still exhausted.

I don't know what is going on, but I made sure to  drink plenty of fluids and also to eat a lot of protein to help combat the shakes... just in case its blood sugar related. Besides, I know that it is just me suffering from hot and cold flashes, because the temperature is steady 73 degrees and Drake doesn't feel cold or hot to me, he feels normal. Brian said also that I was just being weird today, he felt it was fine in here. So, I'll just put on a jacket and take it off rinse and repeat lol

Drake's currently in his crib just staring at the mobile. He loves it, I think he might actually fall asleep, he seemed tired (yawning, rubbing his eyes, droopy eyes) when I put him in, and he's been in there 15 minutes no fussing. Bliss.

I can't wait until he falls asleep for the night, I am so ready to take a shower and just pass out in bed.

See you later :)

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about the baby - in some ways I really, really miss having a baby in the house!
    I hope you aren't coming down with something! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!