Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lately

Drake has decided now that every time he is even remotely tired, he is going to scream bloody murder until he falls asleep... which could be any minute or three hours from now.

This really tries my patience because it brings me back to those first few weeks and the post partum blues that went along with it. So far, I haven't broken down and sobbed uncontrollably, but I've gotten close.

Then he falls asleep, and I'm all "aww what a little angel he is". He sleeps for 15 minutes then bitches he is awake again. Sigh.

He also has night terrors. Except that's not really an accurate statement. An accurate statement would be "sleep terrors" because he screams bloody murder every time he is sleeping... whether or not its at night. It's this horrible, gut-wrenching sob that makes my very heart break... and you can't wake him up! He doesn't wake up or respond to any soothing techniques. You just have to wait for it to pass. The soothing techniques (holding him and patting him) are really only to soothe me and Brian because it freaks us out and we get frazzled.

Turns out we both suffered from them as kids so go figure, it's hereditary, apparently.

Today is our anniversary. We've been married 3 short years. Seriously, where does the time go? Brian bought me a lovely card and a dozen red roses. The card made me cry. He confessed it got him really choked up too.




I very rarely get flowers, and while I know that they will die in just a few short days, I really do love them. I wish my house was always full of fresh flowers... but then I'd have to water them.

We are going to go out and get each other's gifts probably on Thursday, his day off. I'm allowed anything I want and for some reason, all I can think of is clothes. He can't decide on what he wants either so I am not sure what we are going to end up doing. It should be a fun day.

We are also having his parents over on Thursday for a belated Mother's Day present for his mom. I have to figure out what to get her. She is hard to buy for because I have no idea what her hobbies are. I will just wing it I suppose. I thought of cooking something for her but I have no idea what she would like to eat. She has mentioned my lasagna a fair few times over the last few years, so maybe I'll make that.

Today I did two loads of laundry and picked up the living room. I also didn't get dressed. I need a shower desperately but I haven't been feeling the greatest so I slept all day when Brian was home so I could function after he left. I managed, but that is about it. I work all night too, so I will somehow have to squeeze a shower in between sleeping and the baby waking up.

I have been doing my best to get dressed every day and do hair and make up because that is what you have to force yourself to do when you are home all day and it really does keep your sanity. Here is a picture of me, its been far too long since I posted one. (Note: If you follow me on Facebook, this is probably old hat. Sorry.)



I'd say that I am actually more willing to take a photo of myself these days, just far too lazy to upload any :)

I'm working out a list of rewards I want for myself when I lose 5, 10, 15 lbs you know, that way I can keep myself motivated. I am not really going to post about the day to day things with weight loss over here any more, I have a WW blog that I am using for that. I will continue to post my losses/gains (hopefully more losses than gains) on here so I can keep you all updated, but I want this to be more of a family/general life blog now than just a healthy /ww blog.

One of the biggest things I want/need are new glasses or contacts. I am thinking of going the contact route again because I feel prettier in contacts than in glasses. I love my glasses, but I'd like the option of wearing them, not the requirement.

When we get rid of our credit card debt, Brian said that I could get Lasik surgery if I really wanted it. I do, and I'm sure I'll be scared but I think it would be worth it. Right now, I am doing all I can to make sure that we are throwing our extra money at more credit card payments.

Anyway, enough rambling on for now, I'm sure I'll post again tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!