Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Get Away From Me Day!


Last night was the first time that I was able to sleep in my own bed in over 4 days. Our power was restored yesterday around 3 pm. Brian had to work from 4 until 10 pm and I was working 10pm-3am, so we didn't get home until almost 4 am.

I love my family very much. They are the most kind, charitable, and caring souls you can ever meet. I'm not kidding. Sometimes we seem a little crass and brutally honest and that tends to make us seem a little uncaring, but when the shit hits the fan, we all pitch in to clean up. And this was no exception. I am so grateful to have a place to stay when the power went off.

But we really are an anti-social lot and being together 4 days straight? Was rough. I mean we all got along okay but by last night we kept joking about how ready we were for us to get out of there. My mom even offered to find my shoes and put them on my feet! :D I wiggled my toes and said I was ready for her to put them on! ha

We were mostly joking but we were all ready for this fiasco to be over.

My family is very sweet to put up with us for 4 days straight. It wouldn't have been easy if it was just Brian and I, but add in a 6 month old and a dog? Things were a little cramped. And that's saying it nicely.

But I can't complain (and I am not) I'm just stating facts.


We are ALL excited that we have the 4th off away from each other.

I am excited to go grocery shopping. I'm happy to be home.

Max is happy to be home.

Drake... not so much. He likes his grandparents! He's so spoiled when he is over there, so now I am sure he feels neglected by comparison lol poor kid.


Have a happy and safe 4th everyone! Keep calm and carry on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!