Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Accio Harry Potter Films!

I ordered the complete 8 film collection of Harry Potter on Blu-Ray. I am not only stoked about owning all the movies in one collection, but the collection I bought has a lot of special features. I love special features. Making-ofs, documentaries, behind the scenes, deleted scenes, etc. I love it all. Here's a clue of how much I love it: For the first 6 weeks of Drake's tiny little life, I had Lord of the Rings playing constantly. All three special extended versions, as well as all the special features. For six weeks straight. I am known to exaggerate, but this time, it's not a hyperbole. It really was on that entire time.

I am really excited about the movies, which will be coming Friday. I even signed up for text message alerts to let me know when it's out for delivery. I *know*. I have spent the last few days pondering about how glorious my life will be once I have all things Harry. I used to day dream about being a wizard, you know. Still do, sometimes. I will never grow up, and I will never get over HP.

So what does a geeky girl like myself do while her husband's away at work, and her toddler is sleeping soundly in his crib? Why, she looks up HP themed recipes and prices ingredients. Because a HP marathon is in my future, and I am going to invite my other geeky friends to come join. Even if they don't, I will only be marginally sad, as I will be too busy geeking out over HP to really notice.

I found this delightful recipe that I will definitely be making:

(Originally made and posted by Liz at girl meets bowl)
Darling. I am dying.

Except I don't think I will be using her exact recipe. But other than that, they look gorgeous don't they? Like I said, I had been pricing items and deciding how much I am willing to spend on these. And the answer is? Every. Penny. I. Have.

Also being made: Pumpkin Pasties, Butterbeer (both an alcoholic and non-alcoholic version),Chocolate Frogs and of course, the classic Bangers and Mash. I found a delightful little mold to make the chocolate frogs in. I am going to drag Brian and Drake out tomorrow morning before I work to go buy them. Because I need them. Life will not be complete until I own them.

It's funny. Most people had Harry Potter parties when Deathly Hallows pt 2 came out, either in theatre or dvd, and I am having mine NOW. I'm forever late :) but, don't mind at all, as I know at least one person will enjoy themselves. And that's me.

1 comment:

  1. Never too late for an HP party! Hubs and I will be visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal in (gulp) less than 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!