Friday, February 15, 2013

Medicated. Sedated. Placated.

Ah, so I had gone off my medicine for a while and that turned out to be...um... bad.

I was pretty bitchy. Sorry, all. I didn't know how badly I needed to be medicated to just live a normal life. And it's okay, I'm cool with it. Brian, who is more anti-pill than I am, says that he would rather have me taking medicine to be happy and normal than mean and bitchy all the time. Good man.

I've started up Weight Watchers again. I was doing really good on the program and now I am not pregnant and living a reduced-debt life, I can afford the meals again. Woot.

So I stocked up on those. I also got a little notebook to write down my meals and how I feel after each one, whether or not I am full or still hungry. The hardest part is going to be saying no to Drake, as he loves to mooch off of my food and throws a hissy fit if I don't share. Quality parenting, right there.

Harry Potter party was ... not a party. More like me and a friend watched Chamber of Secrets and talked. It was really nice to have some one on one time with a girl friend. I appreciated it so much, I'm actually sending her a hand written thank you note in the mail. Yeah, that should show you how desperate I was for some human interaction.

I didn't realize this, but apparently we got a state refund as well. It was a nice surprise as we usually end up either owing them a little or only getting a little back, but this year it was a significant return. We shoved that money in savings and I am glad that we did, as Brian needs to go to the dentist tomorrow as an emergency appointment. Yay.

:(

At least we have the money, and that is what it is for, emergencies. It won't take us too long to get back where we were, as I'm only going for $500 as an emergency savings and we had nearly 3x that.

I'm trying not to stress on it, as I am the one who has to be supportive now and make sure that he gets the help he needs for his teeth. Anyone got a goat I can sacrifice to the ADA?

Also- does anyone else get insane amounts of spam? I get a lot of "comments" but Blogger catches them all as spam which they are, but I am just curious if it's only me?


1 comment:

  1. No comment spam problems on this end, but I do get a lot of spam comments on my adoption blog. Go figure!

    Maybe you can bring something Drake can eat with you when you sit down to a meal and "pretend" it's yours until he's over this phase?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!