Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 4 of the Shred and River Rat Race

Woke up with sore shoulders and slightly achy abs, but otherwise, very little stiffness/soreness. What others have told me, about Day 2 being the worst, was definitely true.

Day 4:

Suuuuuuucked. Sucked so bad. I could *not* seem to get into it today. The cardio was just not in me. I just jogged in place and did the cardio boxing... but I can now do 10 bicycle crunches, whereas Day 1 I only managed 4 complete ones. So there is a major improvement!


After I finish 30 Day Shred (note I said "after" not "if") I am officially going to start my training program for C25K. By then it will be spring and there fore I can start running outside (with dog in tow.) I am going to say screw the treadmill and just get out there and pound the pavement like a pro. (Secret confession time: I really don't like going to the fitness center because it's dark, its dank, and the people there are all "omg we are all going to stand in line for the treadmill even though there are other machines!") The River Rat Race is September 24th and since I have never run a whole mile in my life (save for that one time on the elliptical) I will have to start training soon! And by soon, I mean like... 26 days since that is when I am done with the Shred.

Exciting news: I took "before" pics on my camera for the Shred, and I have to say I can't wait to see how much progress I have made. I know I won't look like Jillian when I am done but I know that I am going to lose inches, gain muscle, and feel a lot better about myself because I will have accomplished something worthwhile. 


If you haven't, you should totally look up 30 Day Shred before and after photos. You will seriously be impressed.

Now off to shower, do my hair and makeup and get some work done. :)

Day 4 of 30 completed! 13% done!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I did that video yesterday and today... I. Can. Not. Move! I did do the elliptical but I literally groan every time I sit down or stand up and stairs? Painful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i am so impressed you are doing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might start the 30-day Shred too. A before and after picture is a good idea! You'll be super hot after! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really makes me wanting to start too. Don't just love the sore feeling. You always feel so thin!!!!

    Keep on going! You're doing phenomenal!!!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!